thats probably the club soundboard, and nothing to do with the band. typically larger clubs have a soundboard by the stage to plug all the mics into and mix the stage monitor levels.
Gibson Special Faded SG with EMG 81 in the bridge
Peavey 6505
Hughes and Kettner 4x12
Maxon OD 808
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss Tu-2 Chromatic tuner
Boss Ph-3 Phase Shifter
Last edited by thoreau at Apr 14, 2008,
ITs basically just a large sound mixer, like what thoreau said.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
good, cause im in a band and in a few weeks we are going to play at our 1st show and i hope we didnt have to buy somthing like that. looks hard to figure out
they aren't really THAT hard to figure out. Any sound board, basically, will have numerous inputs for all your vocals, guitars, various drum parts (Tom-tom, cymbals snare etc etc). Then there are volume levels and usually another EQ associated with each input. Then there is a master on the end and then it all goes out into the PA.

The bigger boards mostly only have more inputs and a wider EQ range (10-band for each input for instance).

You wont need one unless your band has its own PA. Generally the places you play at will have a soundboard/mixer and pa already there. Also theres usually a sound guy that controls that, so all you really have to worry about is your playing.

Just so you know i don't know THAT much about sound boards so i probably have left out some stuff but thats basically what they are.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13