Im lookingg for a ahigh end wah in the 200 - 230 range and ive come across these two brands. They seem very nice but i was wondering, how does the RMC compare with the fulltone standard? Is it worth it to go with the Deluxe? Which RMC is better? Are there any other brands to take into account?

I want an excellent sounding yet versatile pedal.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
RMC picture wah = clyde standard more or less (theyre both clones of the original clyde mccoy wah)

ask in the ultimate wah thread

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
hey man if you want a high end wah look here:

http://www.jampedals.com/
Gear:

ESP LTD MH-400
Samick Malibu
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12 (V30's)
Line 6 Spider II

Pedals:
Behringer Acoustic modeler,
Jam NS-wah (handmade wah)
EHX LPB-1
Mxr Phase 90

mics: Shure Sm57
i have a fulltone deluxe, and it is absolutely amazing, honestly. i saw the rmc's also and their sound just doesnt match up to the fulltone. i was nervous about spending that much on a wah at first but im completely happy i did, i can get any wah sound i want out of it.

i think it would be best for you to get the fulltone, you wont regret it
Quote by Metalhead765
hey man if you want a high end wah look here:

http://www.jampedals.com/

those things look like toys, but are pretty nice sounding. i think the price tags a little too high though.
I have the standard and have played the deluxe. The standards fills all my wah needs. Very well I might add. One of the best out there. But if your a tweeker the deluxe might be your route.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
^^Yes- http://www.realmccoycustom.com/WHICH%20WAH.htm

For what it's worth, even though I don't own a Fulltone or RMC, from all the clips I've heard, I prefer the RMCs. I'm going to look into buying one soon.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by dzaerpoor
do the rmc's have any sort of tweakable functions?

yeah the rmc5 does i think but its just about the same price as the deluxe, i think the deluxe is far more versatile and IMO sounds a lot better
Yeah its just really expensive. The only reason im thinking about it is because wahs are so great sounding. Best effect in my opinion. Im looking at the Picture Wah, Standard Clyde, Deluxe Clyde, and the RMC2 Wah.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Play the picturewah/vox wahs/clyde wah before you think about purchasing them.

I've realized that I really don't like that "classic wah" sound. It just sounds a bit too trebly and sharp.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by dzaerpoor
Yeah its just really expensive. The only reason im thinking about it is because wahs are so great sounding. Best effect in my opinion. Im looking at the Picture Wah, Standard Clyde, Deluxe Clyde, and the RMC2 Wah.

deluxe clyde

played the standard, and heard everything about the picture wahs there is to hear. theres no comparison. the standard is amazing, but if you want versatility and freedom, gotta go with the deluxe. other than that the standard is more than enough.
k so im pretty set on the fulltone standard. its 230 but the deluxe is 50 dollars more for two settings. I think ill be alright with out that. The rmc's are still an option but im not really sure about it.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by dzaerpoor
k so im pretty set on the fulltone standard. its 230 but the deluxe is 50 dollars more for two settings. I think ill be alright with out that. The rmc's are still an option but im not really sure about it.

yeah but those 2 knobs give you a wide variety of tone man. just letting you know that they actually do do something. goodluck with the new wah though, cheers
Yeah, if i have the money ill go for it but im wanting this, a new OD, and a new amp, and a new attenuator so this is going to cost alot. around 1200$ Hopefully i can get a job or something this summer.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
yeah those are all pretty pricey things man. just get a big muff, ds-2 or fulldrive 2 if you can afford it and a blackheart or something for the amp so you dont have to get a attenuator and you can crank it and it will sound great