So my car is suddenly making these strange noises and I have no idea why. I'll try to describe it best as I can.

Whenever I turn on the engine and start driving, what seems like the engine or something sounds louder than usual. The usual sound of the engine being revved and such sound deeper and louder, to the point I can hear it over the radio at times.

My only though is transmission fluid which I will check in the morning but any other suggestions? It's quieter when parked, or not pressing the gas, but otherwise its louder than usual.

Also where can I find a map out of the inside of my hood, like what fluid goes where and such for a 98 Nissan Maxima, but ... I'm a car n00b and dunno what fluids go where other than anti-freeze and oil ... and transsy fluid lol.
Aids.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
it could just be an exhaust leak?
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
yeah exhaust hopefully not that dear to replace unless its the cat
Quote by Sirnogbert
...Damn you.
Quote by Carswell98

That's probably what it is. Yes, braedon, I have a few on my car. It's noticeable, but not too bad.
I thought exhaust leaks made ticking noises, god damn ... how much does this cost to repair usually, because I'm getting tired of all the problems with this car anyway, but it cost 5000 and I haven't even had it for a full year YET ... that's in a month.
Quote by Jesus Juice
Mechanic. Call a phucking mechanic

No mechanic is awake at 3:53 AM over here which is why I was simply asking for "phucking" suggestions, chill out.
Quote by imgooley
That's probably what it is. Yes, braedon, I have a few on my car. It's noticeable, but not too bad.

I like my cars to be excessively loud

I had a bad leak in my 'bird though, and it was irritating because 60 degree gm V6s sound like ass

my subaru was straightpiped though, and who doesn't love the sound of a boxer engine

Quote by SacredxSuperman
I thought exhaust leaks made ticking noises, god damn ... how much does this cost to repair usually, because I'm getting tired of all the problems with this car anyway, but it cost 5000 and I haven't even had it for a full year YET ... that's in a month.

no no no

if you get ticking, then there is something wrong with your head, which is usually a sign your engine is not long for this world
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by SacredxSuperman
No mechanic is awake at 3:53 AM over here which is why I was simply asking for "phucking" suggestions, chill out.

I am chilled.

And sorry, i didnt know it was that time over there.

Take it to a mechanic later then... I think a mechanic would be better than The Pit.
Quote by Jesus Juice
I am chilled.

And sorry, i didnt know it was that time over there.

Take it to a mechanic later then... I think a mechanic would be better than The Pit.

No worries , I just realized I don't have a location under my name and such, but yeah any idea on pricing to fix this, I'm too short on money for this crap
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Aids.

why did you rape his car?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
definitely an exhausts leak now this can range from 90-300 dollars aussie,

by the description it sounds like its at the front of the engine, it could just be off its hinge or it could be a hole just under the manifold

if its a hole or off its hinge 90-180 dollars which its mostly the case
Quote by SacredxSuperman
No worries , I just realized I don't have a location under my name and such, but yeah any idea on pricing to fix this, I'm too short on money for this crap

are you handy at all?

you can do this by yourself

as a temporary fix, go to an auto parts store, and buy a roll of exhaust tape (special heat resistant stuff for leaks, and buy a few ring clamps, clean the pipe around the leak and apply the tape, then put the clamps around it jsut for added strength, you should never have a problem again

if its a serious leak, just take it to a shop and save some hassle
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by SacredxSuperman

Depends on where the leak is. If it's a crack in your pipe, you might just be able to get it welded up and sealed for 20 bucks or less. If you are completely ****ed like me, it's gonna cost a grip.
Quote by Carswell98
are you handy at all?

you can do this by yourself

as a temporary fix, go to an auto parts store, and buy a roll of exhaust tape (special heat resistant stuff for leaks, and buy a few ring clamps, clean the pipe around the leak and apply the tape, then put the clamps around it jsut for added strength, you should never have a problem again

if its a serious leak, just take it to a shop and save some hassle

I would, just have to find the leak somehow ... and figure out how to find the leak ... ugh like I said I am a car n00b lol
im with teh aidz guy
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by Carswell98

I thought that was a joke... sounds like your exhaust has blown, either tape it up or get a new exhaust fitted
Quote by xC0ldBl00dx
I thought that was a joke... sounds like your exhaust has blown, either tape it up or get a new exhaust fitted

Quote by Hoodoo Child
why did you rape his car?

For teh lulz

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.