Page 1 of 2
Love it? Hate it? Don't know anything about it?

Personally I've been listening to ****tons of it lately.

Artists like Calyx, Noisia, Boxcutter, Burial, Vaccine, Fanu.

Anyone else here produce Drum n Bass or Breaks?
BOLD.
Electronic music? I hate it, personally.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
I not only listen to electronic music but I make electronic music, theres a few songs in my profile, though I'm more into experimental and industrial stuff than I am dance music.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by hazardmaster
Electronic music? I hate it, personally.

What about it do you hate?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I not only listen to electronic music but I make electronic music, theres a few songs in my profile, though I'm more into experimental and industrial stuff than I am dance music.

Listened to the songs, they were really awkward, nothing sounded particularly interesting, almost sounded like you were trying to hard to be weird with it. I listen to IDM, so I have nothing against random glitchy music, but you didn't pull it off well IMO.

Keep working at it though, it's rewarding.

And, make sure to get a really solid understanding of EQ and compression.
BOLD.
Last edited by maddd0g at Apr 14, 2008,
Quote by maddd0g

Listened to the songs, they were really awkward, nothing sounded particularly interesting, almost sounded like you were trying to hard to be weird with it. I listen to IDM, so I have nothing against random glitchy music, but you didn't pull it off well IMO.

+1.

Anyways, I'm a pretty big Daft Punk/Justice/Aphex Twin fan.. my German prof got me listening to The Field and LFO which are also excellent.

I guess I'm more into the Electro-House type stuff (with the exception of the Field which I'm told is minimalist techno)

I'm planning to buy some Korg/Alesis gear to start making my own electronic music... but cash is hard to come by these days.
Quote by maddd0g

Meh, those are some of my weirder tracks that I've been doing recently, I actually mostly do more conventional industrial stuff. And I didn't even bother with really mastering those either, except for the Minimal Industrial one.

Last.fm
Quote by Charlatan_001
+1.

Anyways, I'm a pretty big Daft Punk/Justice/Aphex Twin fan.. my German prof got me listening to The Field and LFO which are also excellent.

I guess I'm more into the Electro-House type stuff (with the exception of the Field which I'm told is minimalist techno)

I'm planning to buy some Korg/Alesis gear to start making my own electronic music... but cash is hard to come by these days.

For starting off, you're probably best pirating some good software until you can get the money for hardware. Get a handle on actually producing before you go shelling out money. Then again, good software isn't going to run well on a cheap computer.

Electro-house is peculiar, because it doesn't sound like electro or house.
BOLD.
Quote by Charlatan_001
+1.

I recommend getting FL studio, ReFX Vanguard and all of the Superwave synths for that type of music. Then maybe an inexpensive USB MIDI controller (unless you already have a soundcard with MIDI I/O) You can find all of those synths and FL on most torrent sites.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I recommend getting FL studio, ReFX Vanguard and all of the Superwave synths for that type of music. Then maybe an inexpensive USB MIDI controller (unless you already have a soundcard with MIDI I/O) You can find all of those synths and FL on most torrent sites.

In addition, check out Native Instrument's VSTs.

Massive and FM8 are godlike, and Kontakt is an amazing sampler.
BOLD.
Quote by maddd0g
In addition, check out Native Instrument's VSTs.

Massive and FM8 are godlike, and Kontakt is an amazing sampler.

Yeah Absynth is really good too, especially for background textures.

Last.fm
I already have Reason, which I'm told is pretty good. I just have no clue on how to use it.

I had a pirated copy of FL Studio, used it quite a bit to make some pretty cool beats, but then it crapped out on me and said it's in "Demo Mode" now, so I can't save.

Quote by AwesomeDrummer
does +44 count as a semi-electronic band? if so, then yes, ive been listening to it for a while. but no, i dont usually like it.

If +44 is even close to being electronic, then Gojira is close to being Russian folk music.
Quote by Charlatan_001
I already have Reason, which I'm told is pretty good. I just have no clue on how to use it.

I had a pirated copy of FL Studio, used it quite a bit to make some pretty cool beats, but then it crapped out on me and said it's in "Demo Mode" now, so I can't save.

try running the crack patch on it again, and also with FL you can import all of the synths and whatnot and run them from that. and IMO Reason is more trouble than it's worth unless you really like some of the synths it has.

Last.fm
Feedback>FallOutBoy>Electronic Music
Get my point!?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by Hells_Bell
=S

what's wrong with electronic music?

It just lacks any form of creativity/talent + I hate Paul Macc for turning Daniel Johns (silverchair) gay! lol.....
but seriously I just find it bland & repeditive
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
I produce drum n bass, dubstep, and techno.

Favourite producer? I don't even know..... probably Nu Tone. Or Noisia. Or Technical Itch. Quite possibly Eraserhead though

Seriously though. I love house, techno, I LOVE drum n bass, and I love hardcore, dub, dubstep, UK garage, ragga, breakbeat. Dont like electro as much, but whatever.

It just lacks any form of creativity/talent + I hate Paul Macc for turning Daniel Johns (silverchair) gay! lol.....
Ever heard of Squarepusher or Venetian Snares?

EDIT: I love industrial too, but since most of it isn't as dance oriented as other genres, I don't listen as much. I just like to shake my ass

YOU ALL should listen to Rude Mood on my profile. Maybe Acid Pimp too, for those who like the dark and funky
Last edited by MastaBassist10 at Apr 14, 2008,
Quote by MastaBassist10
I produce drum n bass, dubstep, and techno.

Favourite producer? I don't even know..... probably Nu Tone. Or Noisia. Or Technical Itch. Quite possibly Eraserhead though

Seriously though. I love house, techno, I LOVE drum n bass, and I love hardcore, dub, dubstep, UK garage, ragga, breakbeat. Dont like electro as much, but whatever.

EDIT: I love industrial too, but since most of it isn't as dance oriented as other genres, I don't listen as much. I just like to shake my ass

YOU ALL should listen to Rude Mood on my profile. Maybe Acid Pimp too, for those who like the dark and funky

OT: Get the hell in chat Dan you bastard.

Yeah I listen to a bit, not the most fond of it, I love some of it though.
How can you hate a music genre? You'd have to be pretty damn narrow minded.

Electronica is like any other genre; There are good and bad examples of it.

And the good FUCKING ROCK!
Quote by MastaBassist10

Now go and pronounce their song names...

TS: I'm a fan of Aphex Twin, Chemical Bros, Prodigy ~(main stream stuff)~.

I listen to a fair bit of DnB on internet radio - no idea who I hear, but I love it!
Just go to the electronic/dance thread in the "other" forum. Thats where all the kool katz hang out.
not all electronic music is bad!
I have a range of electric/dance tracks and stuff I like to listen to, that fit together.
Daft Punk/Pendulum/Justice/Aphex Twin

In fact I have a mix CD with this lot and some rock/metal for tonight
now this should be one hell of a party!
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
I don't listen to it very much, but I really liked Justice's album. Daft Punk also is on my should-download-a-cd-soon list and Aphex Twin as well. I like some Drum 'n' Bass but most of the time I get bored of it after a few minutes.

And for the people who don't like the genre but love rock: check this out:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=P77TTqvB6vo

They make a combination of dance and rock and it's great.
Quote by gunners fan

You speak in lies.
<Han> I love Hitler
I'm not a huge fan, but I'm always willing to give it a try. Like most genres I now listen to though, I'll probably ease into it from less-electronica-sounding bands/artists that get more and more.... electronic?

I love The Prize Fighter Inferno though. It's like... electro-acousticy stuff. I'd love to write music like that.
Quote by maddd0g

you just lately started listening to it and all of a sudden your a critic?

sick bro
Stop arguing, seriously, you're not right, and neither's the other person, it's what you think and you're not going to change that. Sorry for going into the "opinion" rant. God.

I have a lot of Noisia, and I had quite a lot of other Electronica material but I had to delete it in order to suffice my new musical craze.

Some stuff's pretty good.
I love electronic music and make it, although the stuff i make is more ambient/chillout compared to the dance/dnb/techno stuff i listen to most
Quote by Kaed15
OT: Get the hell in chat Dan you bastard.

1. Who are you?
2. What/Who is "OT"
3. I'm in class
4. I'm flattered you all miss me so much :')

Quote by MarioBlaster17
you just lately started listening to it and all of a sudden your a critic?

sick bro

Him and I have both been doing electronic music for over a year. And we're both fairly decent.
EDIT: And Maddd0g's always been pretty harsh, but I think he came around when I got to be a better producer than he is
Last edited by MastaBassist10 at Apr 14, 2008,
I got into it with Crystal Method, then got some Daft Punk and that's were my beautiful love affair begun with it :P (sorry metal, but sometimes i just need something different).
I listen to Daft Punk, Justice, Aphex Twin, Chemical Brothers.....more of the electro house if I'm not mistaken.
Life is My Mistake, the Responsibility Held By No One Else
I'm Leaving Footprints in the Ashes of the Fallen
I've started listening to it a bit more. Pendulum are great and I started to listen to a pretty good band called Digitalism.
PSYTRANCE
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
well i live in miami and there's a huge scene going on...all my friends are into it and it's actually not that bad... i mean i like elektro a lot.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Why don't you guys take it to the ****ing Techno and Dance thread? You know it's there Madd0g or did you just want to show everybody that you listen to EDM?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Page 1 of 2