Im wanting to swap out the sheffield speaker in my Triple XXX combo, but im not sure what to replace it with. I was thinking Vintage 30, would this be a good option? Or is there a better alternative?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
v30 would do the trick
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Serjem
v30 would do the trick

sweet man, anyone else wanna contribute?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
What do you think the XXX is lacking first of all? What do you want the speaker change to do to your tone?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
What do you think the XXX is lacking first of all? What do you want the speaker change to do to your tone?

well ive found that when I crank the amp a little the tone starts to sound not as good, ive tried tweaking the settings but it doesnt sound as good as when its set at a lower volume. Ive also noticed that when I sit right next to the speaker on the floor it has the same sort of sound, the bass is buzzy and the highs are horrid. So i basically want a speaker that sounds good all the time, one that doesnt fart out when i give it a bit of volume and provides a good modern metal tone.
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Anyone?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Quote by Horlicks
V30 or G12H, V30 would be more suitable if you scoop your mids

awesome, thanks man, V30 it is
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
I would look into a veteran 30... its a cheap vintage 30 copy thats like a fraction of the price

http://warehousespeakers.com/proddetail.php?prod=veteran30_12

People say good things!
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-1000 w/ EMGs
Ibanez S470DX w/ Duncan JB & 59'
Schecter C-1+
Peavey 5150 Combo
ISP Decimator
Maxon OD-808
MXR 10 band eq

WTB:
-Delay Pedal, 2 Veteran 30 Speakers, Duncan Blackouts set, Reverb Pedal
If you want to make the amp less trebley, look into the Eminence Governor, it's their copy of a V30 but it has less top-end
Quote by guitarded88
I would look into a veteran 30... its a cheap vintage 30 copy thats like a fraction of the price

http://warehousespeakers.com/proddetail.php?prod=veteran30_12

People say good things!

Ive just done a search but I cant seem to find any UK website which stock these speakers, shame since every person who's tried them says they're better than vintage 30's.

Quote by Horlicks
If you want to make the amp less trebley, look into the Eminence Governor, it's their copy of a V30 but it has less top-end

I read reviews on them and someone said that they only sound great in a 212 or 412 cabs, on their own they sound crap
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Quote by Horlicks

Over at the Eminence website, I like the clips of the Swamp Thang the best. I recommend listening to the clips and picking your own favorite.