It is a post-grunge band they exist since 1995(USA), they have some excellent song
Band members are: Travis Meeks - vocals, guitar (1995-present)
Ray Rizzo - drums, percussion (1999-present)
Jeremey Crites - bass (2008-present)
Taylor Harris - guitar (2008-present)
Paul Culligan - percussion (2008-present)

Travis Meeks is a very talented person; he was only 16 when he recorded the first album

Here are the albums:
June 3, 1997 Days of the New (orange)
August 31, 1999 Days of the New II (green)
September 25, 2001 Days of the New III (red)
TBA 2008 Days of the New IV (purple)

Some of the excellent songs:
Touch, Peel and Stand
1998 "Shelf in the Room
The Down Town

If This Thread Exist upsssss(sorry)
People keep asking us where Paul is. That's a really funny question. See, if Paul was still in the band then we wouldn't have a new fucking record. That's why Paul isn't in the band anymore. (by Maynard James Keenan)
Love DOTN i did make a thread about them a lil bit ago. Im Not The Same is my personal favorite song from them.
The most talented man on earth...
Quote by DownInAHole.
Eh, post-grunge was very bleh. These guys put a new spin on it, but it was still very generic.

Some bands where pretty good.

Seven Mary Three.
Generic? Far from generic, the compositions Travis came up with were far from anything being done at the time. The first album was plain compared to the green and red albums those were brilliant
The most talented man on earth...
I'd like to see more talk on these guys. In my opinion, they were great. The fact that most of their songs were based on acoustic guitars, makes them very unique. I don't know many songs where they had an electric, besides on the Red album, then again I haven't heard much.

Also you cannot judge them on their radio stuff, it is generic. Once you listen to an album you will find why they are unique.
Quote by rizo299
"To: North Korea

Hey Kim DONG Il. Got nukes yet? DIDN'T THINK SO.

Here's some help with getting one built.

GOATSE.CX

Your pal Obama"

Travis Meeks' voice does it sound like Layne staley's
to me it does sometimes

Face of the Earth fu ck ing awesome
People keep asking us where Paul is. That's a really funny question. See, if Paul was still in the band then we wouldn't have a new fucking record. That's why Paul isn't in the band anymore. (by Maynard James Keenan)
they live in Louisville KY which is only a few hours away, so they play here fairly often, but i have yet to see them=(
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
i thought t,p,and s was an aweosome song, then i saw the video. kick ass! i hate only knowing their popular song but i promise to get their debut and check it all out.
this one is awesome one of the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McsWROkrzU0