I guess the old thread must have died out, because I saw a Chimaira thread a few months ago...used the search bar and couldn't find it.

So what do you think of this band? I should be going to see them like with Dethklok in Atlanta July 2.
Why are they in the hardcore forum? But yeah, they're pretty awesome, I saw them at the last Sounds of the Underground. I really want to go to that thing with Dethklok, too. It's not coming to my state but it's over summer break so there's a chance we can take a road trip.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Why are they in the hardcore forum? But yeah, they're pretty awesome, I saw them at the last Sounds of the Underground. I really want to go to that thing with Dethklok, too. It's not coming to my state but it's over summer break so there's a chance we can take a road trip.

I dunno, last time I remembered there was a Chimaira thread in the hardcore section, and it got lost, so I just made a new one. If they classify as metal then I guess the mods can move it.
this should be in the metal section
Chimaira are NOT hardcore

theyre good tho
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
^^ wrong.
there metalcore, therefore a sub-genre of hardcore, and is not allowed in the metal forum.

anyways.. i don't like this band very much, i used to, but now i don't.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
The metal guys would flame the **** out of a Chimaira thread...it's better off here
Yeah they are Metalcore... I think they are really good!!
XBL GT: WILDWAYNE001
add me if you wish...
i wish i could see them with Dethklok but they aint comming 2 australia
they are "groove metal" which is just like metalcore but the melody comes from the chords unlike for example A7X or B4MV where they play chord then a run then chord ect...

ANYWAY all the bands i have just mentioned ROCK hardcore or not but i do think Chimaira should be in the metal section
Last edited by *toki* at Apr 16, 2008,
Quote by *toki*
i wish i could see them with Dethklok but they aint comming 2 australia
they are "grove metal" which is just like metalcore but the melody comes from the chords unlike for example A7X or B4MV where they play chord then a run then chord ect...

ANYWAY all the bands i have just mentioned ROCK hardcore or not but i do think Chimaira should be in the metal section

Chimaira SHOULD be in the metal forum, but the metal guys flame anything remotely non-metal sounding, so it'll do better off here.

I think they're great. Best song is Down Again or Resurrection.
Quote by kryptonite22
I was sure they were a nu-metal band. This was a few years ago.

Maybe...recently, though, Rob has been improving vastly on his riffs and soloing abilities, so I put them in the Hardcore forum.

Again, if they don't belong here, someone feel free to move this thread.
Nah they belong in the Hardcore section, they're not metal, they're Metalcore, but yea i made the old thread, they're one of my favorite bands.
Quote by punkforlife93
Chimaira SHOULD be in the metal forum, but the metal guys flame anything remotely non-metal sounding, so it'll do better off here.

I think they're great. Best song is Down Again or Resurrection.

Ya I know, as much as I love metal some metalheads piss me off...Seems only brutal death metal, black metal, and thrash is the only stuff that's allowed in their or if your band's name is Opeth...then you can be in their too.
Has anyone noticed that Chimaira has some unconventional, yet addictive riffs?

I just learned the chorus riff to Resurrection the other day and realized this
Chimaira's guitarists are absolutely insane. The way they switch up their tripplets with crazy rythmic gallops makes them up there as some of the best picking I've heard from a metalcore band.
Really like the new album, had a hard time getting into the old ones.

Got my Dethklok tickets!!!
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by emr_steelmech
Really like the new album, had a hard time getting into the old ones.

Got my Dethklok tickets!!!

Yes, their new album is their best yet. At least imo. Their old ones were too bland for my tastes.

How much did your tickets cost, by the way?
It sucks that they cant be put in the Metal forums without being skullf*cked.

Anyway, i love 'em, theyre really awesome to listen to from time to time, i'm listening to Nothing Remains now.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
I enjoy them, a little too generic at times but when you're pissed off this is great music to listen to. And the fact that they're not allowed in the metal forum is pretty stupid, sure they're metalcore but they're about 80% metal/20% hardcore...much me metal than the metalcore scene bands.
Chimaira kicked some serious ass last night in Dallas.....One of my fav bands going right now!
Carpe Diem
Chimaira pwns, so i was listening to there new stuff and they have some epic riffs

like the song "The Flame" at 3:13 right before the solo Rob kills the guitar the riff is so awesome

another riff is in the song Empire at 0:51 another awesome riff i cant get enough of.
Quote by showtimederek
Chimaira's guitarists are absolutely insane. The way they switch up their tripplets with crazy rythmic gallops makes them up there as some of the best picking I've heard from a metalcore band.

You are precious!

I used to bum this band. Now they make me laugh; seriously his lyrics are more than moronic.
some of my fave riffs eva, but yea their lyrics could do with some work.... meh who cares they still rule!
Why must we always argure about which genre they are..... it doesn't matter, here's there thread. Now lets discuss.

I dunno why but they have something in there music that draws me to them whenever i'm looking for something to listen to. I love his scream, so much gain in his throat, it's awesome. And the guitar tone is solid and riffs solid which for me is like heaven. Unfortunetly haven't seen them live, yet =)
Last edited by razorback_al_31 at Oct 29, 2008,
Soooo, I just got Infection...I'm not sure what to think of it yet. Some of the riffs seem a little...odd. Maybe it will grow on me, but it didn't floor me with heaviness like Resurrection did.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
The Venom Inside is a sick song. I haven't gotten into much else on The Infection yet, though. I like Coming Alive, Secrets of the Dead, The Disappearing Sun, and the Heart of it All instrumental. Why is it 15 minutes long, though? It ends at like 9.5
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
The Infection is an awesome CD. At first I thought it was kind of weird, but now it's grown to be one of my favorite Chimaira CDs.
The Venom Inside definitely has a great intro, and the riff with the tremolo dip makes the song even sicker.