When installing a hot pickup (say blackouts), does the body need to be routed to place a battery slot? this is installing from passive to hot.

P.S : I know this might be a noobs question, but i would like to know (i dont want to damage the black cherry finish what-so-ever if its possible)

Thanks
Quote by kai2demax
When installing a hot pickup (say blackouts), does the body need to be routed to place a battery slot? this is installing from passive to hot.

P.S : I know this might be a noobs question, but i would like to know (i dont want to damage the black cherry finish what-so-ever if its possible)

Thanks

When you say hot, do you mean active? If so then the body may need to be routed. Just look inside your guitar and see if there is enough room to put a battery and a pre-amp
"hot" doesn't necessarily mean it would need a battery.. active is the term for that.. depending on the guitar you may or may not have to route out some of the body. Sometimes there is room for the battery in the backplate of guitars.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Hot just means large out put

grab a spare battery and put it in the control cavity and but the cover back on, if it fits your good to go

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man