Page 1 of 2
Basically the title says it all. If you could get a bass painted any pattern or color, what would it be? And you dont have to say which bass unless you want to.

Id choose Tiger striped. Why? Honestly I dont know. I saw a guitarist from Atreyu with the pattern on his guitar and for some reason I though it was awesome.

Either that or neon green or pink.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
I'd quite like to get a natural finish ATK or P and have my arty friends do tattoo type stuff all over it.
I'd do a dark trans red over AAAA quilted maple with gold leaf and black filigree coming from the bridge and heading toward the neck, stopping about 3/4 of the way, then a small black burst from the outside.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
I have a dream that one day this forum will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all bass colors are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of the Fender Custom Shop, that the lovers of colored basses and the lovers of natural basses will be able to sit down together at the table of bassly brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of BC Rich, a state sweltering with the heat of terrible body style, sweltering with the heat of black finish, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four basses will one day live in a forum where they will not be judged by the color of their finish but by the content of their tonality.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in the guitar forum, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "root notes" and "guitar solo" -- one day right there in the guitar forum, bassists will be able to join hands with guitarists as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every bass shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the all basses shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."

Worthy repost?

>.> <.< >.>
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Sonic or lake placid blue with a matching headstock.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I'd get a blue/black argyle pattern. Just like my shoes. It looks cool, but you'll have to take my word for it. Google failed me.
Funny you should mention this at this time... I was considering the paint job of my custom Telecaster bass, with a spalt maple top, and I don't know if it should be trans black or trans plum (with a neck stained the same colour).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by AboveTheBridge
I have a dream that one day this forum will rise up and live out...blah blah blah...Worthy repost?

WHATCHOO SAYIN'?!?!

Natural finish. Everytime.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Loving Okonkole's paint.
I used to have one with a lizard mural.
Want one painted up like the Milky Way, complete with gas clouds and supergiants.
Or acid camo.
A mate of mine was once going to decorate his guitar with Sandtex and those plastic stones you found on fireplaces in the late 80's. Awesomely stupid.
Why has no-one mentioned Phil Collen's pokerwork Jackson?
Quote by t3hrav3n
I'd do a dark trans red over AAAA quilted maple with gold leaf and black filigree coming from the bridge and heading toward the neck, stopping about 3/4 of the way, then a small black burst from the outside.

then i would add some gold hardware to it
Blue/Black Argyle deff.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
The vintage sunburst and black cherry burst Music Man uses, black cherry, natural, or anysort of trans burst over flaned or quilted maple.
Mine would be a white bass covered in artwork/graffiti/stickers with the original paint starting to wear off around the edges and generally beat to hell. Also it would have to be a white Jazz Bass Special like the Duff McKagan sig except with a white headstock
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
I'd like to take some Dali painting (not The Persistence of Memory), and have that on a bass. That or a Warhol.

But I'd probably get sued by someone's estate for doing it.
Quote by anarkee
I'd like to take some Dali painting (not The Persistence of Memory)

Not a big fan of melting clocks?

Inspired by smb's post, I could copy my arm tats onto my bass, then I would match it.

Hmm, I wonder how that would look on my acoustic...
silverburst all the way
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
i got the coolest scar from a mountain biking accident on my arm its like an explosion but it only spraeds in 1 direction.

i'd want something like that, but in a 3 tone black/blue/green burst.
Anarkee, I'm almost positive its fine as long as its hand done. If you use a print to directly adorn the bass [dunno how, lol], then they might holler, but I don't really see on what grounds. Used to work in an art museum as a security guard. You pick up alot of things, heh
My Gear:
MIM Jazz fretless
180W Ashdown 12"
GAS:
NOTHING
I like mine personally :P

But if i wanted another one id say a warlock style body with a white oak fretboard, maple neck, and the body would be painted black but coated thinly with resin that has dye or colour swirled into it, a faint yellow colour.., it would look awesome i reckon
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

Quote by 24fRETSoFfURY
Not a big fan of melting clocks?

Nah its just too much of a art cliché now, like Munsch's "The Scream"
Personally I love Anarkee's idea and I've actually been thinking of doing that type of thing but as a pickguard, and I also would love to just take some time with Photoshop and an artist friend of mine who does graffiti and have him take to a bass with an airbrush and some paint markers then clearcoat over it.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Nothing too snazzy really. I love Trans Black, having that on a Tele and maybe a little icon or something on the inside wing, that'd do me fine.
I'd want something in sharp contrast, and some sort of inverse from the norm.

Like...

A tort paintjob with matching headstock, white pickguard, and ebony fretboard. Black pearloid-ish hardware. Black tuners.

This is all spacial imagination, which I am limited on. It might look like retarded. I'll have to try to Photoshop it to see how it would look. I'd probably go with a Jazz. We'll see if I have a mockup later tonight.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by anarkee
Nah its just too much of a art cliché now, like Munsch's "The Scream"

What about combining the two with Guernica to make a paint job so clichee that it isn't?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..

Got this about a month ago, play pretty well now I've done a bit of setting up.

Impulse buying on ebay is not recommended, but meh, I have a unique and interesting bass

Edit: oh and its inlaid, not really a paint job but still....
I want to burn my initials onto the back of my bass. I have a little logo I made up of my initials interlinked and have this idea of burning them into the wood.
Ibanez SRX700
Peavey Grind 4 BXP NTB
"friends dont let friends get friends haircuts"
Attachments:
mike_inez.jpg
spaghetti-etti-etti
you fill me up with you carbohydrates
and energize me with simple sugars <3
Last edited by not wisniewski at Apr 15, 2008,
Quote by watchingmefall
Get out. You'd need Starry Night definitely. Ultra clicheenessss.

Now that I think about it, combining The Scream and The Mona Lisa could be hilarious.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Page 1 of 2