Poll: SEE POST
Poll Options
View poll results: SEE POST
Yes
2 50%
No get ____ instead
2 50%
Voters: 4.
Listen to the intro riff to "my friends over you" here. to get that sort of sound, should I get a Laney VC15 + a tubescreamer?
i'd have thought you needed something a bit more modern-sounding than that. i haven't tried the vc15 with pedals, but its stock tone is basically wrong for that tune... the vc15 is a vintage-sounding british-style amp, while that new found glory tone is american high gain (to my ears anyway). EDIT: how much cash do you have to spend on the amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd have thought you needed something a bit more modern-sounding than that. i haven't tried the vc15 with pedals, but its stock tone is basically wrong for that tune... the vc15 is a vintage-sounding british-style amp, while that new found glory tone is american high gain (to my ears anyway). EDIT: how much cash do you have to spend on the amp?

Im saving up, but it shouldn't take long for me to save up since i have a job now. I have 120 pounds at the moment but Im willing to spend probably about 300.

EDIT: wouldnt it sound better with the tubescreamer?
Last edited by doubtfull at Apr 14, 2008,
it'd get more gain, but that (presumably) wouldn't change the voicing too much. a TS has a mid-hump which could actually make the amp warmer sounding...

i'd probably look at something like a peavey valveking or randall rg50tc. though obviously you should try everything you can (including the laney) just in case you disagree with my opinions (which is definitely possible!).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
it'd get more gain, but that (presumably) wouldn't change the voicing too much. a TS has a mid-hump which could actually make the amp warmer sounding...

i'd probably look at something like a peavey valveking or randall rg50tc. though obviously you should try everything you can (including the laney) just in case you disagree with my opinions (which is definitely possible!).

Quite a few people have mentioned the valveking actually, do you think I'd need a pedal to get that new found glory sound with that?
probably not, but again it does depend a lot on personal preference...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?