I want a black Jackson RR3, I play mostly Thrash like early Metallica and some Led Zeppelin. I am lead guitarist in a band that makes songs inspired of early Metallica.

Are RR3s good to solo with? Is it easy to get up the high frets and stuff like that?

Thanks!
Probably, alder guitars usually provide a good cutting tone for solos and you have a trem arm, nothing seems wrong with the upper fret access
Last edited by Horlicks at Apr 14, 2008,
It's good. But once you try playing seated you get frustrated pretty quickly :P

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by ItWillDo
It's good. But once you try playing seated you get frustrated pretty quickly :P

i would recommend always playing standing up, because when it comes time for a gig, you wont want to sit down.

if you are playing Metallica then i would say the guitar is fine but i dont know if youll get too close to Led Zeppelin with a Jackson.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
I personally find it pretty hard to solo around the 19th fret and above. Standing is a lot easier to play than sitting down in my opinions, but reaching higher frets are a bastard.
Well I just got my Jackson King V. It's the same shape unless I'm mistaken. I've had no problems hitting the high frets.
IMO, they are great. AWESOME to stand with, and once you get used to it, they are actually really comfortable to sit with. And the upper fret access isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be.

EDIT: And no, a King V isn't exactly like a Rhoads V.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Im_freakinbad67
Well I just got my Jackson King V. It's the same shape unless I'm mistaken. I've had no problems hitting the high frets.

They aren't the same shape, although they are both V style. I'm not sure how different the fret access is between the 2 though.
I've played an RR3 and I found it pretty easy to get to the higher frets, but then I have quite longer fingers.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
RR3s are pretty good as far as I know, but you've got to remember as with most RRs you only have 22 frets so if you want a 24 fret neck the only Rhoads to go with is the RR24 (which I own, and is lovely ). King Vs have been mentioned on here, maybe look into those, and ESPs are always worth checking out too for a not dissimilar price.

But yeah most RRs are good for soloing on, so I think the RR3 would be too, as long as you don't mind the 22 fret neck. I just hope you have deep pockets!
My Bands

Latest Original Recording
I didn't mean to imply they were exactly the same but I noticed it was a similar shape. So I thought the higher frets would be around the same to get to.

Edit: I just now noticed that I put my hands entirely around where the 22nd fret is.
Last edited by Im_freakinbad67 at Apr 14, 2008,
they're actually really comfy to sit with if you have you have the part of the body around your right leg.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.