Ok, i have a Line 6 Spider III 30, want to get a better sounding tube combo loud enough to gig with.
Gear's in my sig. I play indie, rock, alt rock and a bit of metal.
Budget's about £200 to £500.
I don't mind buying a pedal to be able to play Hi-Gain stuff. My Priority is nice cleans and a nice overdriven crunch. I've been looking at a Laney VC30 or a LC30, any more suggestions?
Thanks
GEAH
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
USA Big Muff Pi
BOSS BF-2 Flanger
Line6 Spider III 30

Amp fund £90
Quote by fire within
Damm you Jayyy, now I'm hungry

Quote by axefreak129
congratulations on the win-ulacious pizza, good sir.
If you're in the UK, a Laney is probably a solid choice. There's a lot of beginniner and intermediate 5-30 watt tube combos in that price range, so get out there and play some amps!
Yeah, I might go to soundcontrol tomorrow see what there is.
Anyone know how much I could sell my Spider for roughly?
GEAH
USA Big Muff Pi
BOSS BF-2 Flanger
Line6 Spider III 30

Amp fund £90
Quote by fire within

Quote by axefreak129
Quote by cleft11
on ebay, around 100-200 depending on the time of sale

Okay, I got it in like November/December, I'm guessing thats in $ because I bought it for £100 (got some money off because I bought it with my guitar)

Thanks for the help
GEAH
USA Big Muff Pi
BOSS BF-2 Flanger
Line6 Spider III 30

Amp fund £90
Quote by fire within

Quote by axefreak129
The LC 30 is more suited to high-gain from those 2 Laneys, the VC is suited more to british styles - You';d get an awesome sabbath or deep purple tone, but that'll be as good as you can get. If you had a little extra budget, i'd recommend a GH50 head & find a cheap cab, as those things are behemoths when it cxomes to tone.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by Korzack
The LC 30 is more suited to high-gain from those 2 Laneys, the VC is suited more to british styles - You';d get an awesome sabbath or deep purple tone, but that'll be as good as you can get. If you had a little extra budget, i'd recommend a GH50 head & find a cheap cab, as those things are behemoths when it cxomes to tone.

Hmm, a stack wouldn't really be too great, I'm not sure if I will be gigging with it any time soon, it would take up loads of room and parents think my Spider is loud enough on 2.5 volume What if I got the VC30 and a Metal Muff? or even a VC15 I've heard they are quite loud. enough for small gigs with a PA and that would mean could crank it without making my neighbours go deaf... hopefully
GEAH
USA Big Muff Pi
BOSS BF-2 Flanger
Line6 Spider III 30

Amp fund £90
Quote by fire within

Quote by axefreak129
VC30 would prbably too loud. Look at nice 15w valve amps which are loud enough for small gigs and band practices.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit