Hey Guys,

I'm after a new guitar, and was looking at these, I'm not really looking to spend any more that this, so...

Also, I'd really like a decent whammy bar, the one on my Pacifica just doesn't cut it, you know!

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/15328

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/15329

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/24394

Thanks for any help guys!
those are the same guitar, except the last one with a maple fret board, bare in mind you will want to change the p/us and trem
i know i do
Last edited by stephen_rettie at Apr 14, 2008,
get the middle on it looks the nicest,i dont like maple fret boards
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Haha! I know they're all the RG's... But which one, because they're different prices... Also, is there any difference between the second and third one, other than the neck?

Thanks!
mirrord scratch plate on the middle one
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'd save up for an S series. The trem on those RGs is crap.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
no they are the same pickups, bridge and tuners
they all will play exactley the same except the 3rd which will be slightly diff

and the 350 series isnt very good i have one
How would the last one play differently?

If you guys could recommend a good guitar on that site for around the same price, that'd be gnarly!

Thanks for the help so far!
Quote by stephen_rettie
maple fretboard feels and sounds diff
look at schecters or S's in the same price range

Yeah, I love the feel of maple fretboards, but I think they look revoltingly 80's. The S series are where it's at in this price range when it comes to Ibanez. If he's looking at Ibanez, I don't think he'll like Schecter necks.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I had a look at the S series and I didn't really like the fret inlays on them... Do you have any links to any alternatives in the UK, please?

So, out of the RG350DX, RG350EX and RG350MDX, which is the best?
Try to get a second hand cheap RG550 (the old ones)...
Same design but far better!
Thanks for the suggestion! But, I'd like to buy a new guitar.

It's out of the RG350DX, RG350EX and RG350MDX, which is the best?
This would be a VASTLY better guitar. Lower end RGs are just not worth it when you can get the awesomeness of the S's comfort and ZR trem for not that much more.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
This would be a VASTLY better guitar. Lower end RGs are just not worth it when you can get the awesomeness of the S's comfort and ZR trem for not that much more.

Awwww, man!

I really don't like the look of them, and I think the fret inlays are awesome on the RG's...

This sucks! Are the RG's really THAT bad?
Quote by Kornowski
Awwww, man!

I really don't like the look of them, and I think the fret inlays are awesome on the RG's...

This sucks! Are the RG's really THAT bad?

Feel and quality > looks. Sorry bub but that's how it goes. And don't put much faith in online reviews, especially ones on UG.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
Feel and quality > looks. Sorry bub but that's how it goes. And don't put much faith in online reviews, especially ones on UG.

Hmmm, I know, I know...

I'll take a trip into the City Centre (Liverpool), There's like three big guitar shops right next to the train station, I'll see what I can get my hands on!

I really like the look of the RG's, but the S series seems oodles better...
So, if you had to chose from the RG350DX, RG350EX and RG350MDX, What would it be?
save up for a prestige rg because those rg's have tremolos that will crap out on you and will become utter crap
Quote by ironman1478
save up for a prestige rg because those rg's have tremolos that will crap out on you and will become utter crap

Do you have a link or anything to a shop in the UK, thanks.

Are the RG's that bad, really?
How long will the tremolo last, before it'll need replacing, and what do you mean by 'crap out' exactly?
Quote by Kornowski
Thanks for the suggestion! But, I'd like to buy a new guitar.

It's out of the RG350DX, RG350EX and RG350MDX, which is the best?

then (sorry) the Ibanez S470 :P
Quote by JvL
then (sorry) the Ibanez S470 :P

I've been looking at the Jackson DX10... Is that any good?

The RG's are really taking my fancy, But I'm going to play them all at the week-end!
your hearts set on an rg i can tell get it if it ****s up dont blame us if it dosent good
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Lower end Rg's suck. You aren't listening and you obviously love Rg's. I'd go with Ironman, just save up for an RG with a better trem(prestige series) since you're so fond of them.
No, I'm not set on the RG's, I said I liked them...

I suggested a Jackson DX10, and I got ignored...
RG's are phenomenal, it's just that the good ones are more expensive and come with awesome tremolo's.
Ironman, Are you being serious, or was that a sarcastic comment?

Kwoota, Was that aimed at me?
Yeah don't get any of those RGs the Edge III is one of the worst out on 'nez trems.Howeverm, the whammys on the dearer Yamaha guitars are actually pretty nice and the guitars are great to play you should check one of them out possibly if you still kinda like your Yamaha. However, i don't think they would do uber mental whammy abuse but they can take a fair bit they have good locking tuners and the guitars are really well kitted out

The 812 link
And the 612 link

Cjb Scotland
Thanks for the reply!

I don't think I'd get another Yamaha.

What's your views on the Jackson DX10D?
Aww i see aww well then. And ehm ive never tried one, i have a DXMG and that has withstood many drops etc and it feels quite sturdy. So yeah if they aint much more you should try one of them out, i don't know if you would like it but its worth a try.
I has an Original Floyd Rose and Seymor Duncan pick ups, and it's about £40 more...

I'll try a load out at the week-end, Thanks again!