i posted this in a different thread but that thread is slip-slip-slipping awaaaay and i didn't get a response. shame. any help would be great.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YdEfW6pQo1o

that tone at around 1:30; is it possible to get that sort of level of gain, maybe a little more overdriven, perhaps somewhere between that level and the level at around 2:40 on http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tab8zSlDFbk, at band practice levels? obviously, thats a pretty subjective qurestion and depends on things like guitar, cab (i'd probably be looking at using a 1x12, maybe a 1x10 or 2x10 or 2x12) and volume of band, but can anyone give me any indications?

thankyou.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Drop the stupid thread title. If there are no other threads with the exact same question or that contain the right answer for you, no one will bash you for making a thread. you COULD search the forum first, but chances are you wouldn't find what you where looking for. you should just put a simple "Question regarding Orange Tiny Terror tone" In thread title or something :P

I'm sure all the Tiny Terror owners will be chiming in soonly.

About the movie: Do you have a telecaster?
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
^i know no-one will bash me for making another thread, but i just thought i'd make my thread title a little more entertaining and brighten everyone's day or something with a knowing glance to the high density of tiny terror threads. its the internet! its supposed to be fun!

i don't have a telecaster, sadly. however, i do have an '81 fender bullet which has some teleish qualities. further, i'm not looking for the exact tone, more the same sort of level of gain.
And i guess you have the Tiny Terror?

Also, Telecasters strats and single coils is not really my area :P

The youtube dude (mike, apparently) has a very strange cab as i have not seen a 1x10 marshall cab before. I'm taking a wild guess when i say that i think that is some combo stripped of the internal organs since there seems to be an area on his "cab" fitted for a front panel. So the speaker can be good, bad or have qualities that fit a certain style.

I think you should shift between the pickups and add some gain whilst you go. Try adding more mid to the sound. I'm really just guessing right now as it's not my area (as mentioned) :P
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
^oh, no, i don't have one, i'm thinking of buying one but i'd need it to be capable of keeping up in band practices with that sort of level of gain. one of the comments said about tiny terrors very often is that they don't have much clean headroom, but obviously thats a very subjective statement and depends on how someone defines both 'clean' and 'much', so i thought i'd try and get some clarification.
well matt, I'd again say that its dependant on the speakers. I Really don't know how loud the tiny terror can go, thats why I'm hoping a tiny terror user would soon show up.

Many have spoke so enthusiasticly about the clean tiny terror. It's not even long since this dude dedicated a thread about the clean on the tiny terror. But again i wonder if it would keep up in high ammounts of volume... nav, i guess it will keep up.
^thank you for your thoughts, hopefully someone who has one will come along and answer this question for definite (or at least as definitely as such a question can be answered)...
I doubt you are gonna get that clean of a tone at band practice levels. Maybe, depending on how loud your band is, and what speakers you are using. Its pretty loud and with single coils should have decent headroom so perhaps it will work. Its a great sounding amp but if you mostly need a loud clean tone you might want to look elsewhere. But you should try it yourself and see what you think, it might be perfect for you. It does have great tone.
bump for further opinions.

for what its worth i'm usually playing with an 8.5k alnico V humbucker in the neck on one guitar and single coils in series on another, not sure about the output other than that they're noticeably quieter than the other guitar.
you know what?

Somone should make an Orange thread
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I don't think it will stay clean at gig/practice levels....

I could be very, very wrong, seeing as I've never played one. I'm just going with the fact that the TT is 15 watts. I'm pretty sure that the 15 watts won't let it stay that clean.

Single coils might give you a tad more headroom, but I'm still not sure about that.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
I don't think it will stay clean at gig/practice levels....

I could be very, very wrong, seeing as I've never played one. I'm just going with the fact that the TT is 15 watts. I'm pretty sure that the 15 watts won't let it stay that clean.

Single coils might give you a tad more headroom, but I'm still not sure about that.

Bear in mind its rated British way, so many believe its actually rated at something more along the lines of 20/25 watts in the American standard.
I think at a push you may get that biting clean, but not at gig levels (unfortunately, as this is an amp that i too am looking at).
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Bear in mind its rated British way, so many believe its actually rated at something more along the lines of 20/25 watts in the American standard.
I think at a push you may get that biting clean, but not at gig levels (unfortunately, as this is an amp that i too am looking at).

Ah, really?

I never knew that. Thanks for the info tidbit lol
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
That's really clean, I doubt it. I have a fender 15 watt tube, and it is tough to stay clean over a band.

I would try for a 30 watt, as I don't think you will get the clean sound you are hoping for over a band.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
^ Whoa whoa whoa.....
Rob Chappers?