i have this frankenstine thing going on, not in the sense of EVH
but its an ibanez neck, yamaha body and all fender hardware

would a non f-spaced bucker be ok with a fender bridge?
or would i actually have to get the f spaced?
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
not sure about the f spacing, but aslong as you have a humbucker rout it should be ok

i'm assuming you knew that, but you'd be amazed at the people on here
lol@u
F spacing is for a Floyd, so i think with normal spacing you'll be fine.

and yeah if the guitar's pre routed with one go for it. you'd need a new faceplate though obviously.
i tried to fit it but the pole pieces seem a little regardless of how much i adjust it.
well ok thanks guys
Quote by WickedBeast666
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

f spacing isnt just for a floyd....but you will need an fspaced humbucker to align the poles correctly on a fender bridge
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
yeah thats what i thought...
if i remember correctly floyd uses fender spacing, thus Fspacing.

what kind of effect would it have on the tone?
would some strings be less bright than others? or what?
Quote by WickedBeast666

A fender pickup uses 52mm spacing and is slanted. A vintage gibson pickup is 50mm and not slanted. An F spaced pickup has 53mm spacing and is not slanted. If you figure your are only loosing 1mm for the slant in the bridge pickup then that is still only 51mm so ask yourself, what is closer to 51mm? Is it 50mm? or is it 53mm?

In other words, normal spaced humbucker will probably work better on your strat than F spaced ones.
Not taking any online orders.
the thing is that im not gonna slant it.
so i think the f spaced makes more sense
damnit damnit damnit
Quote by WickedBeast666

^You need to read my post a bit closer.

Slanting it makes you need a longer pole spacing.
The slanted pickup's spacing is 52mm
therefore the non slanted pickup's spacing needs to be less than 52mm
Not taking any online orders.
Depends on the bridge used. There is a vintage string spread which is much wider than newer ones. And the foreign made strats are metric and narrower again than american ones. I know a regular pickup fits in a squire with no problems. Depends on the string spread.