so i have an epiphone les paul standard with a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge, its been professionally set up. I am just looking for a Rough Estimate of what i could get at a store for this guitar. i know that you are not looking at it or playing it i just want a rough estimate so i know whether to sell it on ebay or just pwn it at a store.

i called Daddys Junky Music and they said repeatadly "we need to take a look at it" (a bit rudely i might add) even when i just asked them what they usually give for epiphone les pauls. Let me put this bluntly, **** THAT!!!!! i live 50 miles from them, they want me to take it in their so i have the "well im here so i might as well"metality even if they give me jack **** for it. So a little help here would be awesome.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
sell it direct your get more im gueessing maybe 350? lol dont flame if im wrong, try to sell it to someone you know or out it in the friday ad or something ebay and stores dont give much genrally

edit: i mean pounds
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Check the serial number, if it starts with SA it was built in the Samick factory, you can effectively add to how much you request for that alone. They have a really good reputation for their Epiphones.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
i dont know how much value the pups would add but they usually buy them for 60-70% of the original value...unless u have connections...-.-
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
I was thinking of selling my Epiphone too and the store I went to said always sell it on Ebay because you'll get far more money than selling it to a store.
If you're looking for accurate prices I'd suggest going on Ebay and searching Epiphone Les Paul Standard and click the box called completed listings. This will give an idea of how much they normally go for. And then you can check how much the pickups are worth and add some more money to the price.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
Definately do the ebay thing, on ebay you would probably get somewhere around 350 for it plus you would get someone who actually knows about your pickup. Ive seen a regular les paul standard in a pawn shop for 250 so I can only imagine how bad they would lowball you
hmmm im just wondering because ebay could take a year or so. A store would do it right away. i have 100 dollars spending money so if i could get 350 for it i could easily afford a mexican strat.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Just so you know, the guitar will actually be worth more if you take out the JB and put the original pickup back in.

Assuming the guitar is a Standard, you could probably get about $300-350 for it if you sell it privately.
if you sell it at daddys, you get 1/4 to 1/3 of the new cost. so if it was 400, you get 100-130$. if you trade it in you get more, and can bargain with them. And, they sound annoyed because they probably get 100 calls a day. Used to work at the shrewsbury store.
Quote by FeatherBreeze
schecter4183 after that comment you are my hero, lol
you opened up a new world of insulting people for me
Quote by sTx
You, sir, are sex.
Quote by Alix_D
But how did you know it was virgin ass? Did you ask the ass?
Quote by roythereaper
Check the serial number, if it starts with SA it was built in the Samick factory, you can effectively add to how much you request for that alone. They have a really good reputation for their Epiphones.

hmm, my acoustic guitar, EJ200CE, was made in the samick factory, it just has an S...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Say Jesus played it...

Then it'd be worth a bit more.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)