Over summer I'm planning to make another bass. I had fun building my p-bass last year so I want make another. I was wondering if a fretless Jazz Bass neck with an upright style headstock exists and if so, where to get one.
GAS List:
Nothing
http://cgi.ebay.ca/FRETLESS-Eastwood-EUB-1-BASS-replica-AMPEG-AUB-Vintage_W0QQitemZ380016782025QQihZ025QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's really the only game in town other than Wishbass for "scroll" headstocks. I doubt you'll be able to get JUST the neck.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
The only upright-style headstocks I've seen have been on the old Ampeg basses and their clones like that Eastwood Jazzy posted.
Quote by smb
The only upright-style headstocks I've seen have been on the old Ampeg basses and their clones like that Eastwood Jazzy posted.

Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I played a really old Gibson SG with one, buts thats about it. Anyways I just got a fretless Jazz bass and it's awesome good choice.
I just looked on ebay at some Wishbasses. They look f-in sweet, how's the tone on em? I think i may buy one instead of doing a build this summer.
GAS List:
Nothing
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
I know Burns made some bassesd with a contrabass headstock.
It's the bison bass

and the shadows bass

'Have you felt the trembling in your stomach, the bass that leads us there'
Quote by henkschins

the shadows bass

wow, those look sweet. Anyone know how they sound?
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Im sorry, but IMO The "scroll" head stock belongs only on uprights. It doesnt fit an electric.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/