Hey guys!

I want to know for my own interests what gear Shawn Lane used. I only know about his obvious Charvel guitar but does anyone know about PUs in it, amp, effect etc?

I would also like some advice how to achive his great tone, somewhat like in this vid:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Yf5eNVik_E&feature=related

My gear is down in my sig so if you have any advice please share

Thanks!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
there's a link in my sig to a thread that should have some info on his rig.

There should be something in there. other than that I can't help you
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
not really related to how shawn lane did it, thats a mystery, but i think using a high gain smooth distorted channel and then rolling off on the volume and tone nob on the guitar a lil will help u achieve that distorted but extremely smooth tone
Quote by 6DOIT
not really related to how shawn lane did it, thats a mystery, but i think using a high gain smooth distorted channel and then rolling off on the volume and tone nob on the guitar a lil will help u achieve that distorted but extremely smooth tone

If you roll off the volume won't that make no sound?
Partially, of course. It gives that Holdsworthian 'reedy' tone, or you if roll off enough it just goes clean.

Thought that was common knowledge?
Quote by 6DOIT

only with tube amps! a solid state just sounds like crap!