I know there are a million different telecasters out there, but I can't find one with all of the specs I need. Heres what I'm looking for

three tele style pickups, no humbuckers
maple fretboard
sunburst option
ash or alder body
under $1000 US

The reason for the middle pickup is for a more funkier tone when combining the bridge and middle pickup. So you say why not just go with a strat? Well, I really just don't like strats. I like the neck and pickups on teles much more and it makes for a much better rythm guitar. i just feel like I need that middle pickup. If you can convince me otherwise or throw a model at me it would be greatly appreciated.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Last edited by FlamingYouth at Apr 14, 2008,
Quote by shrugs1434
I know there are a million different telecasters out there, but I can't find one with all of the specs I need. Heres what I'm looking for

three tele style pickups, no humbuckers
maple fretboard
sunburst option
ash or alder body
under $1000 US

The reason for the middle pickup is for a more funkier tone when combining the bridge and middle pickup. So you say why not just go with a strat? Well, I really just don't like strats. I like the neck and pickups on teles much more and it makes for a much better rythm guitar. i just feel like I need that middle pickup. If you can convince me otherwise or throw a model at me it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Nashville-Power-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510476

There ya go, under 1000 with plenty left over for a nice pup change if they aren't to your liking.
I think you want a Nashville Tele. Its on Fender's cheaper side, and it has a Strat pickup in the middle i think. Squier also has a similar Vintage Modified Tele like that, but i think it has Duncan Designed Tele Stacks, which are kinda like humbuckers i think.
The Nashville Power Tele wont give me the maple fretboard though.

Would the Strat middle pickup give a different tone? I'm not sure I like it, I'm halfway between the Nashville and the Blackout.
Last edited by shrugs1434 at Apr 14, 2008,
no, not really. i have a strat and i have used my bridge PU alone for a funky sound. although i do like to combine it w/ the middle PU, it isn't necessary. no middle PU won't kill you. and if you really want to, you can always have ur guitar remodeled a bit later on to accomodate the 3rd PU. my friend did that on his guitar by himself, and it worked out fine. i just think you're greatly limiting your choices of some great teles under $1000 by setting that 3 PU criteria.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Installing an extra pickup is a small and simple task when you have a pickguard like that. Just get a tele you like, then cut a hole in the pickguard and drop in an extra pickup. You'd have to get a 5-way pickup switch too though but that's an easy fix aswell.
I don't know what the price of it is over in the States but Highway One Tele in Sunburst? I have one and its a great guitar.

EDIT: oh wait, I see you're looking for three p/ups. in which I agree with the Nashville suggestions.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit