I've had the Kill 'Em All Tab book for awhile and I can pretty much play most of the rythm parts, but I want to start getting into the lead parts (solos). Can anyone here recommend which solo I should try getting down first before I move on to others in Kill 'Em All?
"Music is my religion." - Jimi Hendrix

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
ESP LTD Alexi-600
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Other Gear:
Carvin V3 amp head
Marshall MG15DFX
Digitech RP250 pedal
Whiplash??? Really? I thought of it as one of their more complex solos...

Sadly, I cannot do Seek and Destroy, it requires at least 23 frets, and I only have 22. Right now I'm working on No Remorse, the pattern isnt hard... slow lol.
"Music is my religion." - Jimi Hendrix

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
ESP LTD Alexi-600
Ibanez RG3EXFM1

Other Gear:
Carvin V3 amp head
Marshall MG15DFX
Digitech RP250 pedal
Quote by guitarist792
Sadly, I cannot do Seek and Destroy, it requires at least 23 frets, and I only have 22. Right now I'm working on No Remorse, the pattern isnt hard... slow lol.
Unless it's on the high E string, you can just move the note to a lower fret on a higher string.

Anyway, I suggest not learning the solos from that album. I love "Kill 'Em All," but by Kirk's own admission, he was a 19-year-old wanker when they recorded it. Learn some of Kirk's other stuff.
or you could bend the note up a semitone
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Or just improvise that part

The Four Horsemen. Once you get a bit used to Kirk's playing, nailing that second solo in The Four Horsemen shouldn't be too difficult After, that, I'd have to say Jump In the Fire is the next in line. I haven't tried learning all of them though haha.
Quote by Dan shreds
or you could bend the note up a semitone
The solo in "Seek and Destroy" is very very fast and trying to pull of an accurate bend whilst playing 16th notes at 180-190 bpm will be basically impossible. Unless the note is on the low e string, simply move it to a lower fret on a higher string.
I must suck bad at guitar or something, jump in the fire seems impossible.

I can do the tremelo picking part... woot (sarcasm)
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
i found that the intro solo in no remorse was fairly easy cos it mainly flows around the same notes and the same two positions, and if you enjoy a bit of bass give pulling teeth a go