Poll Options
View poll results: who's more technical
Necrophagist
39 58%
Dream Theater
28 42%
Voters: 67.
Page 1 of 2
Between the two bands which one is the more technical one? Try to explain why too. Not just because you think DT is boring or you don't like Death Metal vocals. Try to convince everyone.
I constantly see your user name in new, idiotic topic threads. What is this urge to create trivial threads about topics that no one cares about?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Necrophagist easily. I listen to their songs and have NO idea what is gonna come next.
Necrophagist, hands down. I don't like Dream Theatre at all really but I'm trying to not be biased. Necrophagist are just much more technical.
Necrophagist is more technical guitar-wise, but Dream Theatre is more technical song-structure-wise and such.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by dead-fish
I constantly see your user name in new, idiotic topic threads. What is this urge to create trivial threads about topics that no one cares about?

Does it REALLY matter that much. He isn't doing anything wrong, maybe he just has an interest what others think. In Lamen's terms, **** off.
sigh, dream theater. Unless you're talking guitar wankery, in which case necrophagist beats even them.

I think necrophagist are really, really overrated.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
Dream Theater.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by dead-fish

Nah man because this idiot keeps telling me that DT is more technical and necrophagist just shreds. Everybody knows that necrophagist is more technical.

Besides what's so bad about asking questions?
Quote by giantsfanftw
Nah man because this idiot keeps telling me that DT is more technical and necrophagist just shreds. Everybody knows that necrophagist is more technical.

Apparently almost half of those who have voted don't. Oh, please enlighten us O Mighty Technical-Guru!
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by giantsfanftw

The why the **** did you ask.
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Riffs i'd say Necrofag.

But for solos i'd say DT. The hpyer-speed solo in 'In the Name of God' is one of the most difficult sounding solos I ever heard.

And this is a pointless thread.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Gregray88
Does it REALLY matter that much. He isn't doing anything wrong, maybe he just has an interest what others think. In Lamen's terms, **** off.

Then I have an exciting new topic: Which band has cooler hair: Dragonforce or Arch Enemy? I'd like to know what others think, and I'm not doing anything wrong.
Also, I think I'll open a thread to see who is better: Behemoth or Nile? And why not a thread about the shoes of metal musicians! Or maybe what is the most kind of writing appliance for writing metal lyrics! I mean, I'm not doing anything wrong, and I'd just like to see what others think!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
You know I like how I can't even make a simple topic without people getting on my ****

You guys are just upset I'm a giantsfan and my team completely pwns
I was actually pleased that the giants won. I'm not a football fan, but I do know some Patriots fans who were all hyped about it, and it was fun rubbing it in.

Anyway, when you make a stupid thread, people will tell you so. Social physics 101: What you display is what you will be judged for.
Now delete this.
Quote by dead-fish
I was actually pleased that the giants won. I'm not a football fan, but I do know some Patriots fans who were all hyped about it, and it was fun rubbing it in.

Anyway, when you make a stupid thread, people will tell you so. Social physics 101: What you display is what you will be judged for.
Now delete this.

Oh please, don't try to kiss ass now. It's too late for that buddy. Clearly you are jealous. Jealous of my highly interesting topics that I come up with. You WISH, oh man you wish you came up with this stuff. It's ok man. I'm not upset. It is to be expected. When you're as smart as I am people always try to hate.
Quote by dead-fish
Then I have an exciting new topic: Which band has cooler hair: Dragonforce or Arch Enemy? I'd like to know what others think, and I'm not doing anything wrong.

Dragonforce, Herman Li's hair is awesome!
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
Quote by giantsfanftw
Oh please, don't try to kiss ass now. It's too late for that buddy. Clearly you are jealous. Jealous of my highly interesting topics that I come up with. You WISH, oh man you wish you came up with this stuff. It's ok man. I'm not upset. It is to be expected. When you're as smart as I am people always try to hate.

lol, ok then, carry on...
Quote by giantsfanftw

Wow ... No.
Quote by giantsfanftw
What a stupid ass name

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by giantsfanftw

Oh fuck off. You do make stupid threads that take up unnecessary space.

Versus threads are generally frowned upon anyways. And he isn't "kissing ass". Who cares if he is happy the Giants won? He clearly isn't happy for the same reasons as you, plus no one needs to impress or suck up to another useless member who makes poor threads and generally doesn't contribute in any positive way to the content of this forum.

Dead-fish has been around way longer than you and adds to the conversation at hand rather than troll for stupid questions and arguments, he isn't the one that deserves harassing.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?

Seriously guys. I know i was guilty of it earlier, but the less you feed him, the less he will have to be a dick about.
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Quote by Instrumetal

Versus threads are generally frowned upon anyways. And he isn't "kissing ass". Who cares if he is happy the Giants won? He clearly isn't happy for the same reasons as you, plus no one needs to impress or suck up to another useless member who makes poor threads and generally doesn't contribute in any positive way to the content of this forum.

Dead-fish has been around way longer than you and adds to the conversation at hand rather than troll for stupid questions and arguments, he isn't the one that deserves harassing.

What he said
Up the Punx!
Quote by giantsfanftw
I see somebody agrees

No, not really. Usually means that you think that the one you qoute is stupid.

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by Instrumetal

I don't contribute? Are you serious? Where the **** have you been? I've helped out countless times. People were starting **** with me anyway. Just for asking a question. Yet I'm the one "trolling" . Give me a goddamn break.

What great threads have you made? Most likely a grand total of zero.
How am I trolling anyway? People started with ME!!! I made a thread and just wanted to see if necrophagist is more technical then Dream Theater. How is that trolling? I dunno if it's that DT fanboys are upset that people out there actually DON'T think DT is the best thing since sliced bread. And that necrophagist is IMO more technical or something. But I was definitely not trolling here.
"Everybody knows that necrophagist is more technical.

Besides what's so bad about asking questions?"

You don't see anything wrong here?

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by giantsfanftw
I don't contribute? Are you serious? Where the **** have you been? I've helped out countless times. People were starting **** with me anyway. Just for asking a question. Yet I'm the one "trolling" . Give me a goddamn break.

Actually, I remember a thread Instrumetal made on guitar solo eliminations. It was epic. You suck. You have countless VS threads, which are quite clearly not allowed in the rules.

tl;dr You're dumb, Instrumetal is way better than you in all respects. Now just go the **** away. We don't want you.

Quote by giantsfanftw
How am I trolling anyway? People started with ME!!! I made a thread and just wanted to see if necrophagist is more technical then Dream Theater. How is that trolling? I dunno if it's that DT fanboys are upset that people out there actually DON'T think DT is the best thing since sliced bread. And that necrophagist is IMO more technical or something. But I was definitely not trolling here.

Trolling is defined as raising a touchy or highly debated topic, or just being a douche in order to fish in suckers. That's what you're doing. Stop it.
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Last edited by poopsmith666 at Apr 14, 2008,
Necrophagist, theyre technical in a whole new way

Dream Theater are your typical technical band, they are still very good and not many bands or people could write things like they do but they get to the point where you can predict what will happen.

Necrophagist keep you on your toes and do different things all the time.

Don't think im your typical DM fan and think there speed makes them better. IMO i would rather listen to DT than Necrophagist but the latter is deffiantly more technical.

Theyre not your typical 'techinical' band that use very complicated musical theory and strange time signiatures, which is all good and hard to do but Necrophagist take all this to another level, almost as if theyre creating new musical theory with theyre songs.

BUT

this topic is kinda stupid

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
Quote by poopsmith666
Actually, I remember a thread Instrumetal made on guitar solo eliminations. It was epic. You suck. You have countless VS threads, which are quite clearly not allowed in the rules.

tl;dr You're dumb, Instrumetal is way better than you in all respects. Now just go the **** away. We don't want you.

What VS threads have I made? This **** doesn't count. I'm asking who is more technical. Not just who is better then the other.
Quote by giantsfanftw

Well, looking back, a bunch of ones about random bands, theory, and practicing habits.

Sorry I didn't make 4 separate threads about Zunes, that would have been much more smart of me.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Instrumetal
Well, looking back, a bunch of ones about random bands, theory, and practicing habits.

Sorry I didn't make 4 separate threads about Zunes, that would have been much more smart of me.

It wasn't 4, it was 2

Zune sucks balls anyway
Page 1 of 2