Alright., so I have a Schecter Synyster Gates standard guitar that I'm going to be selling to my friend. It's missing a high E string, so I'm putting one one of course. But, this is where I'm about go to crazy.. Whenever I try and put the high E string in and tune the string, it just keeps popping out of the saddle. I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right. I'm doing what I seen in a video on how to string a Floyd rose.

Can anybody tell me what I might be doing wrong or why this is happening? I'm thinking about just taking it to a guitar shop and see if they can help me out with this thing..
Use the allen wrench and make sure its snug.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
Is there a certain way that the string is suppose to in because when I get it in the saddle I have to press on the string decently to keep it in place, which makes tightening to the screw hard.
With my left hand I hold the string in place while pulling the whammy bar down, this makes it easier to use the allen wrench with my right hand.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Did you snip the ball end off the string?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Did you snip the ball end off the string?

Yeah. I'm going to try and tighten the screw as tight as I can get it later on tonight and see if that works.
Quote by Savage101
Yeah. I'm going to try and tighten the screw as tight as I can get it later on tonight and see if that works.

NO!
If you do it too hard you will snap the damn thing off and have to buy a new one, sure its a cheap part but its still a pain to deal with.
Quote by kyrreca

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Quote by redneck516
NO!
If you do it too hard you will snap the damn thing off and have to buy a new one, sure its a cheap part but its still a pain to deal with.

How tight should you have it? When my string keeps popping out I have it to where I can move the screw to the right and left some.
Until it holds the string.
This isnt that hard.
Quote by kyrreca

Quote by Geetar_Axel
I don't know why mine keeps popping out then.. Maybe theres something wrong with the saddle or something.
just let the kid put the e string on himself. if hes anygood it will take him 5 seconds.
CARVINITES UNITE!

7th

IV