Is this possible? or will it cause a lot of damage? I recently recieved a '74 Marshal JMP Super Lead 100w head and i was wondering what would happen if i put it in the effects loop of my 75w Randall combo. Any help would be great, thanks.
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
You'll probably fry the randall.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I don't get it, why would you put it in the effects loop of another amp? I wouldn't recommend doing so.
why would you do that just a/b switch them
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Well, the problem is I dont have a speaker cab and im like aching to hear this marshall but i definitely dont want to fry the Randall, thats why I asked before I tried, I was actually planning on zeroing out the randalls eq so it was mainly just the marshall you could hear.
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
What would happen if I plugged the head straight into a computer?
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
Quote by jimmiew
Well, the problem is I dont have a speaker cab and im like aching to hear this marshall but i definitely dont want to fry the Randall, thats why I asked before I tried, I was actually planning on zeroing out the randalls eq so it was mainly just the marshall you could hear.

Tonebone makes a head-switcher. It'll allow you to switch between two different heads going into the same cabinet. That's probably your best bet. I wouldn't plug into your computer, it just won't do the amp justice.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Well the question is will 100w output hurt a computer?
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
Quote by jimmiew
Well the question is will 100w output hurt a computer?

You'll blow the head if you don't hook them up to a load.
You will need a speaker load otherwise you'll blow the power section of the marshall. You can't just plug the speaker out of the marshall in another amp. What you can do is plug the marshall's send output to the return input of the randall, but only if you have a speaker cabinet (or attenuator) connected to the marshall.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
make sure the ohm selector is set right on the Marshall, unplug speaker in the Randall, and connect to speaker jack in the Marshall. Speaker impedence MUST match head setting.
my rule for effects loops is very simple. insert nothing that adds gain or increases volume. delays, reverbs, phasers, flangers, etc are fine. distortions boxes arent.

i have no idea what would happen if you put a head in an effects loop. you'd probably burn something out but hey... it's your gear. ruin it however you wish.

edit: let me revise my rule... if it has a wet/dry knob on it then insert it in an effect loop. if it doesnt then dont insert it in an effects loops.
you got a jmp but dont have a cab? sell the randall and get a cab man. it was silly of you in the first place to dish out that kind of money for a head and not have a cab.