So I am about to pick up a Vox AC30cc2 for $750 cash. Should I do this? I have $950 in the bank, and this will break my balls, but its an amp I have wanted for a while.

I will sell my JCM900 stack if I get it, and hopefully make $1000 even from that.

Is it worth it? I don't need the 100 watts of my JCM, and I am getting a little tired of the sound, but I am still looking for justification.

If I pick it up today, I will delete this thread and post Pron, but for now, I need some serious opinions on whether this is a good move.

I gig, I play in a band, is the 30 enough? I play Brit Rock, thats why I like it. Dire Straits, Oasis, Darkness, etc.
High as tits
I'd say do it. It is well worth it.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
How is the OD when cranked? I haven't ever cranked it, and will it get heavy enough to play the Darkness? My band covers that song at the end of every show.
High as tits
Alright, Troy Van Leuwan (or however you spell his last name), formerly of A Perfect Circle and now of Queens of the Stone Age use it, and they tune down to C standard, so if it can handle down-tuned stoner rock, I'm pretty sure it can handle The Darkness.
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
How is the OD when cranked? I haven't ever cranked it, and will it get heavy enough to play the Darkness? My band covers that song at the end of every show.

listen to Queen.

that is all.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
30 watts is definetly enough. You could always mic your amp y'know.
yesss.

got an od pedal? you'll be fine. and what he said^
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
I gig, I play in a band, is the 30 enough? I play Brit Rock, thats why I like it. Dire Straits, Oasis, Darkness, etc.

It's plenty powerful, and so much better for what you play than what you currently have. Once you sell the JCM you'll have money again. I hope you're out there getting it right now.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Perhaps I'm saying this because I'd absolutely love to have an AC30, but YES GO BUY IT ALREADY

From your description, it sounds like it'd play your type of music perfectly. And 30 watts tube goes a long way.

Brian May got fantastic tones from his. They were probably very different from just a stock AC30, but still. I'd say go for it.
Quote by KetchupLad14
How the hec did May get those tones anyway?

His tone is just so nice.

Cranked AC30 with treble boost and his Red Special guitar with Trisonic pups and different wiring. He also dipped his fingers in awesome sauce before he played.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Cranked AC30 with treble boost and his Red Special guitar with Trisonic pups and different wiring. He also dipped his fingers in awesome sauce before he played.

The awesome sauce was key.

He also played with coins instead of picks.

And yeah, his solo tones from We Will Rock You and Bohemian Rhapsody still give me chills.

EDIT: Didn't he use his Deacy amp a few times in the studio? Or am I completely off here?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I am trying to get my parents to throw in $300 and make it my birthday present so I don't completely break the bank. Should be getting it today .
High as tits
Quote by lemonsquares42
The awesome sauce was key.

He also played with coins instead of picks.

So I was right. I wasn't sure if he was holding a pick or a coin in the video "Liar"
Quote by igotabcrich32
listen to Queen.

that is all.

brian may used a treble booster as well, which i imagine would've added a bit of gain too.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.