I am currently tuned in C G C F and the standard size strings (45-105) are a bit loose for my comfort. I was wondering if I invested in thicker strings, this would tighten them up, right?

Also, the heavier the better. Could I theoretically purchase a set of 5 strings with gauge such as 45-130 and use the heavier 4 strings, not using the .45 for the smallest string?
I wouldn't recommend a 5-string pack. The EAD strings would be too tight when tuned up to GCF. However, heavier gauge would help alot, yes. The heavier the better, yes.
Fler Ismaskiner!
Could you possibly recommend a good set of strings? I've been looking, and I don't know if anything comes heavier then 45-110 and I dont know if that is heavy enough? I have only owned standard strings and then I purchased DR 45-105, which were nice, but too loose as I said before. Thanks.
get whats on my pbass... its in my sig
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
Which stings are floppy? You could try the B string from a 5 set and the ADG strings.

EDIT: Look at Rotosound heavy swing bass 66's. They're amazing.
Last edited by hippiebass at Apr 14, 2008,
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GHS-H3045-Heavy-Gauge-Bass-Boomers-Bass-Strings?sku=100554

meh i bought them coz there the heaviest set i could find in my town, and i play drop C and there nice and tight.

check out www.myspace.com/eyeforaneyehxc
check out www.myspace.com/hereliesvalour