Poll: BEST METAL GUITARIST?
Poll Options
View poll results: BEST METAL GUITARIST?
EDDIE VAN HALEN (EARLY DAYS OF EVH, BEFORE HE WENT POP)
6 21%
ALEXI LAIHO
9 31%
SYNYSTER GATES (BRIAN HANNER JR)
2 7%
DAVE MUSTAINE
7 24%
ZAKK WYLDE
5 17%
PAUL GILLBERT
8 28%
KERRY KING
2 7%
Voters: 29.
this pole is to see whos the most popularly know as the "best" metal guitarist. i am a strong beliver that there are things that someone can do and someone can not. please note that steve via will NOT be on here, do not ask where he is, he wont be put on this list, dont ask questions. only pick from this list please. also, voice your opinion!
Quote by :-D
This shouldn't exist.

*reported*

This is the second thread i visit today and i find you saying its not where its belong or something and then reported... just reply or dont !! Anyways i think its jason becker
alexi is my man, always has been, always will be. who else can use the deminished scales so uniquly? he can tap like crazy and is just amazing. im sorry if you have other favorates but alexi does all that while singing
Quote by black_blood
This is the second thread i visit today and i find you saying its not where its belong or something and then reported... just reply or dont !! Anyways i think its jason becker

but this poll DOESN'T BELONG HERE. so of course it gets reported what did you expect?
Why isn't Dimebag Darrell on the list?
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
if it doesnt belong here so wat? this is "musicians talk" and i am talking about musicians with other musicians to see what they think of musicians. why is there hating goin on? dont you have better things to do? if the great people of UG (the creators and administratiors) dont like it, have them take it down. NO ONE FORCED you to read this, NO ONE. so why click on the link? im not hurting anyone. and i am new to this here forum stuff so please tell me where it DOES belong rather than just ranting about it
if it doesnt belong here so wat? this is "musicians talk" and i am talking about musicians with other musicians to see what they think of musicians. why is there hating goin on? dont you have better things to do? if the great people of UG (the creators and administratiors) dont like it, have them take it down. NO ONE FORCED you to read this, NO ONE. so why click on the link? im not hurting anyone. and i am new to this here forum stuff so please tell me where it DOES belong rather than just ranting about it
Quote by surge666

You posted the exact same thing three times in a row. In order to do that, you must confirm that you want to post that because it will tell you to confirm that you posted "The exact same message in the last 5 minutes", unless you edited each part a bit, which, still, would mean the same thing.

YOU ARE SPAMMING.

THIS THREAD IS SPAM.

A THREAD LIKE THIS WAS LOCKED 2 DAYS AGO.

Not wasting my time reporting.
Quote by surge666

um triple posting aside im sure once a mod gets on here it will get locked. and btw, this is really more a pit thread, not a musician talk thread. this forum is for questions and debate over the actual aspects of musical creation. things such as "what is the third mode of C major" or "what chords are in this key" * shudders *

not

"which of these is the best metal guitarist and why"

now had you asked a question pertaining to a specific guitarist and their technique or phrasing, amidst all the flaming you might get an answer of some form.
where is Jeff Loomis?

what a horrible thread.
2008 PRS Custom 24 in Blue Matteo
2007 PRS Paul Allender Signature
Boss GT-10
2007 Fender Marcus Miller Signature Bass
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II
Gallien-Krueger 810RBX

myspace.com/porcelainprovince
Where the heck is John Petrucci? Sure he's a progressive metal guitarist, but prog metal is still metal.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
This thread has rightfully been reported. All people posting after the *reported* post are subject to warnings for spam. I suggest everyone just stop posting here.
EVERYONE! i am sorry for tripple posting, my connection was slow so i clicked post 3x by MISTAKE. there is not spam here
Half of these aren't even "metal" Brian Haner Jr, EVH...Paul Gilbert?

No. Just o. The guitarists you listed aren't even that great, Gilbert is, but the rest are overrated as balls.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by surge666

Reporting makes it easier for mods to close threads that are not in the right place.

And as for where this belongs, I'm afraid it doesn't belong anywhere, except possibly the Pit. Polls comparing guitarists are pointless, and can lead to arguments and flaming. If you want to discuss an artist, find their thread in Bands and Artists or make one, if none exists.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out