So, i bought my first bass used at guitar center yesterday and i have a few questions...it'd be cool if i got some help.

1. On the back of the body, there is a plactic covering that says 9v battery inside, does this mean it has active pickups, or is there something i dont know.

2. I cant identify the exact model of the bass but what i know is the it is an Ibanez Soundgear, ill try to get some pics to so if anyone can identify it.

3. What are some cool beginner songs that are rock,metal that i could learn rather eaisly. I've been playin guitar for a long time, which should.

I'd really like to know the answer to my first question. Thanks in advance!
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
Quote by closertofreewil
So, i bought my first bass used at guitar center yesterday and i have a few questions...it'd be cool if i got some help.

1. On the back of the body, there is a plactic covering that says 9v battery inside, does this mean it has active pickups, or is there something i dont know.

2. I cant identify the exact model of the bass but what i know is the it is an Ibanez Soundgear, ill try to get some pics to so if anyone can identify it.

3. What are some cool beginner songs that are rock,metal that i could learn rather eaisly. I've been playin guitar for a long time, which should.

I'd really like to know the answer to my first question. Thanks in advance!

1. It may be an active EQ. My bass has passive EMG-HZ pickups; but has an active eq.

2. not sure.

3. you can try some system of a down. That is where I started atleast. :P
oh for the pickup question they say... DXP for the neck position and DXJ on bridge position, that will probly help..
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, some Metallica, and Some of Pink Floyd's songs are pretty easy. Whats it say on the back of the headstock?
I suspect you may have an SR400. That has those specific passive pups with an active EQ.

does it look anything like this?

Also, if you can get a serial number from the back of the headstock, it would be helpful.
the back of the headstock is blurry and not readable, but yes it looks like that except my bass doesnt have actually fret bars it has markers that dont stick out far and i only have 3 nobs. But on one of the nobs it has a nob on top of a nob.
Quote by Dog454

POKER..UG
Quote by closertofreewil
the back of the headstock is blurry and not readable, but yes it looks like that except my bass doesnt have actually fret bars it has markers that dont stick out far and i only have 3 nobs. But on one of the nobs it has a nob on top of a nob.

Hang on. If you got a fretless (admittedly, a lined fretless) it is going to be nothing like a guitar.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i found it on music 123, but anarkee that helped a lot thanks.
Quote by Dog454

POKER..UG
With the additional info, you probably have a SR300 DX FL, and the stacked knob is the treble bass EQ boost. At this point, pictures and how much you paid would be helpful to nail the exact model. I am a little confused on the fact you walked out of GC not knowing quite what you bought--it should at least show on the Sales slip.

If its your first bass and you are learning bass cold on it, Fretless can be a challenge btw. Not impossible though and you may come out of it a better bassist as a result.

and if you are an Ibanez owner, you need

http://www.ibanezrules.com. Great site...

And TS...now that I see your other post, don't leave us hanging! What did you buy?
It is the SR300 DX and i paid $150 bucks. I bought it cause it was the cheapest quality looking bass they had. I needed it in a hurry but thats another story... now having it i really like it.
Quote by Dog454

POKER..UG