Page 1 of 2
So im looking at getting a new mp3 player because I need one with more space. I was looking at both the Ipod and Zune and thought they both looked pretty good. Just looking for other peoples advice/ opinions on it.

EDIT: Im not really trying to make a versus thread I am just wondering because I have never owned an ipod or zune
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Apr 14, 2008,
Zune. Join my Zune group, too.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I got a zune FO FREE and i don't really like it
but i aint complaining since it was FO FREE
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Zune ftw. I have had both and the ipod sucked imo. I had some issues with the software and syncing etc when i first got my zune but since then it has been great. I recommend it.
Quote by IwannaBeSadated

I would have any sort of sex with any sort of animal.

you see, all the new scene kids and non conformists get zunes because 'no one has them' and 'theyre cooler' but in all reality ipods are smarter because they work perfect and easily with itunes. itunes is super easy to use.
top 7 bands to see before i die

sublime (seen)
nirvana (seen 2 times)
the beatles (seen)
jimi hendrix (seen)
bob marley (got tickets)
the doors (buying tickets soon)
frank sinatra
creed (seen 9 times)
ray charles (seen)
itunes is super easy to use.

But does it have to be through itunes or can you use music already on your harddrive?
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Zune. iPod is overrated.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
I love my zune and I have owned both. The zune has radio, so if thats something youre interested in keep that in mind. Also the wi-fi function is pretty nice if you know other ppl with zunes.

A con would be the software, but honestly I feel thats a con for both zune and ipod. I'm not an itunes fan nor am I a zune (the program) fan. Once you get everything set up though there really arent any major problems.

I hardly feel like people are buying zunes to be "non-conformist", it may just it someone's taste more than an ipod, what's wrong with that?
I dont know why people keep having to get ipods and zunes and what not. There are plenty of other good manufactured products, such as the Irivers and I am fond of Samsung's products that's all I've had and I can't complain. But I suppose it depends on what you want. I still suggest the Samsung P2
Neither!

Zunes suck. they're just not cool, okay? they're ghetto fab.

Ipods are stinky cause you're limited to itunes.

Get a mp3 player (not a Zune!) i have a sexy little one by Samsung, you should do the same :]
Quote by Friggly
We'll say his name is "Darren" for reasons of anonymity... but really it is Stefan.

girl
Quote by n.maddox
Neither!

Zunes suck. they're just not cool, okay? they're ghetto fab.

Ipods are stinky cause you're limited to itunes.

Get a mp3 player (not a Zune!) i have a sexy little one by Samsung, you should do the same :]

The YP-T10 by any chance? or an older model?
Yeah, there are plenty of alternatives, don't think that Zune and ipod are youre only choices. If i'm not mistaken Zen's have some of the best battery life out there, so if thats important to you look into that.

If space is the most important, then i think ipods are actually winning that race (at 160gb) zune's offer up to 80gb. I know zen's offer at least 20gb but they may offer more now, im not sure.
Ipod touch is awesome once you jailbreak it , it becomes wondersssss

to name a few key points
I have a NES on it
I have a GBA on it
I have a SEGA ****ING GENESIS on it
I HAVE A PS MUTHER****IN 1 on it

Wifi web browsing

and many many many more apps and games wellll worth the money IMO
Yeah Im kinda liking the samsung suggestion too but idk where I would get it here

EDIT: Also with ipod are you restriced to only itunes?
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
ipod
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
My guitar teacher went through every type of mp3 software this year only to return to the ipod. According to him, the ipod is a far more superior software than any other.

And yes you are only restricted to itunes, but you can import all your music no problem. And if you really don't like itunes, you can always use a different media source to play music through your computer. I myself actually like the program
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Yeah Im kinda liking the samsung suggestion too but idk where I would get it here

EDIT: Also with ipod are you restriced to only itunes?

Where do you live? If youre in the US they have them at bets buy or circuit city. If not you can get one off ebay or amazon, etc...
Well, it depends on what capabilities you want and how much space.

For instance, the Zune can play videos and has radio

BUT the ipod nano 2nd gen. can't play videos, and doesn't have radio unless you buy the radio thing for it (>.<. 3rd gen. can play video though, but it's almost twice the width, but half the height. Ipod classics, are yeah, pretty big, but you can have mega space, and play vids.

I have the ipod nano 8gb, and I love it's ability to multitask, but it can't play video but i'm trying to find a way to hack the hard drive so I can.

And itunes is really easy to use, and you can pull in any songs you already have.
both are going to be overpriced because they are the two biggest companies. get a creative ZEN. i was looking into the 16 gig today, it looks pretty good. also much cheaper than either of the major ones.
I have no opinion on this matter.
And yes you are only restricted to itunes, but you can import all your music no problem.

So you dont have to buy all of it? (Sorry Itunes noob here)
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Griever988
The YP-T10 by any chance? or an older model?

I've got the -YP-T9J. love it.
Quote by Friggly
We'll say his name is "Darren" for reasons of anonymity... but really it is Stefan.

girl
Quote by Lethal Dosage
So you dont have to buy all of it? (Sorry Itunes noob here)

'tis all free
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Here you go TS a side by side comparison.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VwFiKnolOqg

keep in mind that the P2 has the earlier firmware. Updating the firmware is easy and adds new features and improvements. Trust me though it looks better in person.
Last edited by Griever988 at Apr 14, 2008,
I've had Zen players for 2 years and I just got my first iPod (Classic 80GB). Zens aren't bad but they were bulky. I'm liking the iPod more because it's the sleekest mp3 player out there and its control interface is simple. I hold mp3 player size as a top priority, so that is why I prefer the iPod over Zen or Zune.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
my girlfriend got me the 8 gig ipod nano, the new kind, I love it. I use to have a big 40 gig one but I never used htat much space. Not to mention it is really sleek looking.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by Xiaoxi
I've had Zen players for 2 years and I just got my first iPod (Classic 80GB). Zens aren't bad but they were bulky. I'm liking the iPod more because it's the sleekest mp3 player out there and its control interface is simple. I hold mp3 player size as a top priority, so that is why I prefer the iPod over Zen or Zune.
not the new ZEN. 32 gigabites, smaller than a credit card.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
not the new ZEN. 32 gigabites, smaller than a credit card.

Yea, but it's 32GB. My iPod is 80GB and $50 cheaper. Previously, I had the 30GB Zen Vision M and it was almost twice as thick as my 80GB iPod. And Zunes...they're even worse. They're bricks practically.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
sansas with 8 gb
and you can expand the memory to more
its easy and looks nice
and its cheap and lasts long
sansa ftw
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
I got a Zen (Not Zune) V-plus for about $60, it can play music and videos and can hold 2 GB. I'm gonna get one of those 80 GB Ipods, though. But for now, Zen V-plus is pretty good.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea, but it's 32GB. My iPod is 80GB and $50 cheaper. Previously, I had the 30GB Zen Vision M and it was almost twice as thick as my 80GB iPod. And Zunes...they're even worse. They're bricks practically.

exactly.. zunes are made like bricks, mine has been through a lot of ****, and I MEAN A LOT, and it looks almost brand new. Also the Zune is made out of this material that hardly gives it any scratches. Though I wish I had a iPod touch, those look awesome. But I'll definitely be using my Zune for the next 1-2 years (its the first gen, Halo edition).
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser white
Schecter Damein FR
Crate GTD15R
Metal Muff
I have a 160GB classic. And I love it. I remember HATING itunes at first when I got my first ipod(a first gen nano). But now I love it to no end...and no you don't have to put just stuff you bought through the itunes store on it I dunno why people always get that impression. I have damn near 50GBs of music on my ipod/itunes and none of it I got through the itunes store.

I'd say go with an Ipod, they're the most popular for a reason.

Edit: The only knock against it I have is that there is no FM tuner. Thats ****in beyond lame as far as Im concerned...
Last edited by ma)(payne at Apr 14, 2008,
Quote by darkmexican92
exactly.. zunes are made like bricks, mine has been through a lot of ****, and I MEAN A LOT, and it looks almost brand new. Also the Zune is made out of this material that hardly gives it any scratches. Though I wish I had a iPod touch, those look awesome. But I'll definitely be using my Zune for the next 1-2 years (its the first gen, Halo edition).

What I meant was that I think the Zune video players are horrendously bulky. I don't know how durable they are, but I don't think a device has to be bulky to be durable.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
What I meant was that I think the Zune video players are horrendously bulky. I don't know how durable they are, but I don't think a device has to be bulky to be durable.

Yes I know thats what you meant, I was just trying to be a wise ass
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser white
Schecter Damein FR
Crate GTD15R
Metal Muff
i'm getting rid of my ipod and getting a zune. they are much better in my opinion, especially if you hate itunes and find the color white boring.
Page 1 of 2