So, I've recently acquired a desire to purchase heavier gauge strings. Why? For a better tone, and a better feel. I've never really owned any higher than 10's, but now want to move up to something thicker, like maybe 12's or 13's...

The point is, I don't know too much about heavier gauge acoustic strings. (Not too much about light ones either).

I've also got decent finger strength, I've been playing for about 4 years. So as someone who wants to enter the world of heavy gauge strings, I am hoping for some guidance, tips, anything. Specific Brands, or anything else you can contribute.

Thanks.

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Try using some 11's. When you're used to them, and if you need to, upgrade to 12's.
I use 12's on my acoustic, since I rarely have to do bends. Sounds awesome. Really rich.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
For my electric i usually buy a heavier gauge for my low strings and a lighter gauge for my high strings.

I agree with the other guys saying not to jump gauges. I also slowly moved up with my acoustic.
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!