I posted this in what is supposed to be a web site/internet business type forum and got no help at all in these 2 questions. I know the Pit can do much better. So here they are..........

Issue 1: Ok, I have an RCA cable modem that came with my roadrunner service. My main browser is firefox. My problem is that my connection seems to get "stuck" all the time?? For example, sometimes it gets stuck on trying to connect to a site, other times everything will be loading ok and fast and then all of a sudden it gets stuck again. What I dont understand is that when I do all the bandwidth tests, I get very decent numbers. Downloading files is no problem either, streaming video no problem either. My speed tests are around 6000 kbps. Any ideas what's going on??

Issue 2: I am looking into opening my first paypal account for receiving payments for future web projects, but during my research I found a bunch of "horror" stories about it. Like frozen accounts for no reason, bank account getting deducted for no apparent reason, lawsuits, hackers, etc.... Alot of these seem to be from a few years ago. Is this stuff still actually happening regularly? And should I open a separate checking account at a different bank than my primary check account, with a minimal balance just to use with Paypal?
ok for paypal make a unverified accont UNTIL you need to take money from your account.
Except one of the parents isn't completely dead, the parent is like "hey kid, steve vai just totally burned down our house and killed us, take revenge or i'll haunt your anus foreveerrrr!!" *dies*

:
Quote by Rzia
ok for paypal make a unverified accont UNTIL you need to take money from your account.

Basically, dont link any credit card or checking account when I first sign onto Paypal?
No idea about the modem we were having problems with our bell modem and the sent us a new one no questions asked they even sent the newer model, so try that and as for pay pal if you really need to transfer money over the net you best stick to paypal it is the number one method of online payment for a reason. In fact I cant even name one other method of payment
Quote by rockabilly1955
Basically, dont link any credit card or checking account when I first sign onto Paypal?

yup
Except one of the parents isn't completely dead, the parent is like "hey kid, steve vai just totally burned down our house and killed us, take revenge or i'll haunt your anus foreveerrrr!!" *dies*

:
Quote by Ibanez69
No idea about the modem we were having problems with our bell modem and the sent us a new one no questions asked they even sent the newer model, so try that and as for pay pal if you really need to transfer money over the net you best stick to paypal it is the number one method of online payment for a reason. In fact I cant even name one other method of payment

Yeah, seems like everything Ive read about horror stories with Paypal, is from people doing serious business, like in the several thousands monthly. But like any thing else, there is always gonna be complaints.
Quote by Rzia
yup

But once I do withdraw money, they will the have my account info, so it kinda defeats the purpose of trying to have the unverified account at the start?
Quote by rockabilly1955
But once I do withdraw money, they will the have my account info, so it kinda defeats the purpose of trying to have the unverified account at the start?

it depends wat ur worried about. if its hackers then you just withdraw money on ur credit card then remove it from your account... hackers will hack into your account and theyll be like Awww Dam! And youlll be like HA! and paypal will be like HOLY F*CK!

:
Quote by Rzia
it depends wat ur worried about. if its hackers then you just withdraw money on ur credit card then remove it from your account... hackers will hack into your account and theyll be like Awww Dam! And youlll be like HA! and paypal will be like HOLY F*CK!

actually Im more worried about Paypal doing their "random mystery account freezing" that Ive seen posted on the net. Thats why Im thinkin I will just open a second checking account and not keep much money in it, and I would withdraw from Paypal whenever I have any kind of significant money