Sorry for making another one of these college amp topics, haha.

I'm going to UMass Lowell for Music Business, and from what I hear, there is a thorough amount of dorm jamming, as the music department is very popular. Originally, I was just thinking I'd pickup up a microcube, (or maybe the new stereo microcube) but I don't know if that has the power to play along with drums. Any ideas?

By the way, I play primarily bassy, heavy rock and metal, but my tastes are very diverse. If I'm not writing, I'm probably playing Mastodon, Muse, Lamb of God, Queens of the Stone Age, or Tool.
Holy. Thats almost exactly the same bands i play and I feel the Roland Cube 30 works really well. I played Aqua Dementia with drop A on my Cube 30 on the metal preset and it sounds absolutely crushing. The Brit Combo setting is WICKED for mastodon as well as Lamb of God.

Roland Cube 30 is the way to go/
Quote by statixguitar53
when in doubt, buy an elephant testicle

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
What kind of amp do you own now? If you are gonna play alot, just take what you use already
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
I have a semi-blown out Fender-Bullet 150 with oversensitive controls. It sounds ok, but I really want a more, functional, amp.
well then really, your price range is the biggest determinate. About how much are you looking to spend
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge