I would have posted this on a music review site but I want So I need some help. Im a guitar player and listen to all kinds of different music, and i'm looking for something new. Right now Coheed and Cambria is my favorite band, and have been listening to them almost exclusively for over two years. No flaming towards my musical opinion please. I would like some suggestions for another band to give an ear to. I love punk/metal/progressive influenced music and advanced guitar work, also improv is great. Not a fan of death metal or belching/growling singing. Ill list my top few favorites, no particular order, so you have something to work with. Please give more than one suggestion, as I may have heard of many of the bands you post. Thanks Guys.

Coheed and Cambria
Pink Floyd
Thrice
Bayside
The Receiving End of Sirens
Rancid
NOFX
Flogging Molly
Rush
Smashing Pumpkins (old stuff)
Muse
The Mars Volta (pre demon phase)
MCR (flame all you want I dont give a crap about the lyrics, the music is good)
What do you mean pre demon phase?
The mars volta kicked ass pre during and post any kind of demon phase.
O.o

Lets have a sexy partay!

Quote by R_U_READY?
brutal cabbage you sire are, in all sense of the word, a LEGEND no abbreviation can portray the hilarity of what u hav bequeathed to us, i love you for this

I am loved!
Quote by BrutalCabbage
What do you mean pre demon phase?
The mars volta kicked ass pre during and post any kind of demon phase.

haha well im not too hip on the idea of Bedlam. Its cool you like it though. Any suggestions?
Black Keys?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Alter Bridge, it has 3 ex-members of Creed, but they formed with the former singer of Mayfield Four and now , in my opinion, kick ass.
Quote by synpet713192
Blasphemy. The drummer is to be ignored, and the singer is to be leered at. How can you do both to one person simultaneously?
+(insert ridiculously high number here) to Muenster.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
No offense to anyone but these bands arent really what im looking for... Thinking more along lines of Dredg... Weezer... Led Zeppelin.... Cream... Porcupine Tree. Something more... Unknown but original. Thanks though guys. If anyone gets my drift, let me know.
Quote by labria86
No offense to anyone but these bands arent really what im looking for... Thinking more along lines of Dredg... Weezer... Led Zeppelin.... Cream... Porcupine Tree. Something more... Unknown but original. Thanks though guys. If anyone gets my drift, let me know.

Well, I like Thrice and PT, maybe you'll like the bands I posted

Check out Ayreon:

http://www.myspace.com/ayreonauts

Devin Townsend:

http://www.myspace.com/devintownsenddtb

Spock's Beard:

http://www.myspace.com/spocksbeard
Quote by labria86
haha well im not too hip on the idea of Bedlam. Its cool you like it though. Any suggestions?

I feel like they lost their funky cool latinness with the newest album.

It's not as musically diverse as the others, especially Frances, which had a lot of great different styles.