I've decided on trading my Fender amp head for something different. It's a '70's Bassman 100 Silverface.

So far I have 1 guy about to trade me a Fender Super Champ XD, a Boss BD-2 Blues Driver and $200 for it.

Then another guy came along and offered an Epiphone SG G-400 Custom, the cream w/ gold hardware, 3 pickup one. The ad was originally stating I was trying to trade for a G-400, let alone a G-400 custom that's only 3 months old and in mint condition.

Might not be the right place to ask but theres a lot of people in this part of the forum. Which one should I go for?
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
You'd be an idiot to do either one. Why in the world would you trade a 30 year old, hand wired, tube amp for a quasi-tube amp and a digital pedal.

Or for a lame Asian produced epiphone.

If you want to be stupid go ahead. But you obviously have no appreciation of what you have, most people go their entire lives without owning vintage gear, some of us are lucky. Also, your amp will always go up in value, always. The things you mentioned are not worth half what they were bought for in terms of resale value, and will only go down.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
What a silly little man
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Maybe I am an idiot for trading vintage tube power for some newer low quality stuff...but I just figured it's a good way to try something new since I don't have the money to buy an SG new. I thought the G-400 were good guitars though?
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
They're ok but not even in the same league as the amp.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I don't understand. . . Honestly.

A G-400 is a 300 dollar guitar and you want one over a vintage tube amp?

What amp will you play your Epiphone through?

I'm sure the first thought in that guy's head when he saw your ad was "SWEET, I'm gonna rip this guy off so bad!"
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Don't trade the amp for those. If you're going to trade, at least trade for some other QUALITY vintage gear.
I have another somewhat old amp to play it through, but yeah I think I'll take your advice and not worry, saves me a bit of money for shipping it to him.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP