Whats the scoop on these amps, they are tube right? There are so many different models, are some of them good some of them bad? Whats the overall quality of this amp?
I thought it didn't matter.
You did say:

my zoom into my SS crate > 99% of cheap tube combos

Yeah, I think they're tube, but i'm not sure about anything else.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yes they are all tube. The modules are the preamps which are interchangeable. The head it self comes in either a 6L6 version or a EL36 version.
#64 in the Alter Bridge rocks club!

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
cheap tube amps as in 4-5 hundred or less. The Zoom cost $300. I think the modules for this thing is 1-2 hundred each alone
The MTS amps arent cheap. The 20w is like $800 without a module.
#64 in the Alter Bridge rocks club!

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
They are awesome amps, but they can get EXPENSIVE. If you can afford one, I highly suggest it.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
How easy is it to swap a module out and put another one in? Like is it feasible to do in the middle of a gig?
I have played valvekings and palaminos at GC and heard many other cheap tube combos online, and I can say I like my Zoom better. I know a guy who has 4 $1000+ jackson/ESP/ibanez guitars and he uses a Zoom 7.1 into a crate SS. It sounded dead on SOAD/Mudvayne/ anything else he played (mostly metalish). If it didn't sound awesome, wouldn't he sell one or two of his guitars and buy a mesa dual rectifier or something?
Quote by KingJustinian25
How easy is it to swap a module out and put another one in? Like is it feasible to do in the middle of a gig?

its really easy to switch the modules, all it is it just 2 thumb screws, go check out the randall website, it gives you all the info you want to know about them

from what i have seen, they are awesome amps, tons of preamp modules to choose from so they are very versatile sound wise, it is also very easy to bias the power tubes

im considering getting one for my next amp
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Plus with EMG 81/85(18v mod)
PRS Tremonti SE
Randall V2
Genz Benz G-Flex 212
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
ISP Decimator Prorack G
takes less than a minute to swap modules. all the modules are very accurate yet still unique recreations of the amps they model. these amps are NOT cheap. housing alone w/o modules for say a two module 50 watt (RM50, my model) is $1000.

the tone=heaven. ALL tube modeling pretty much. compared to boutique amps, they're pretty reasonably priced. and have nice set of features. but damn do they sound pretty...
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by KingJustinian25
I have played valvekings and palaminos at GC and heard many other cheap tube combos online, and I can say I like my Zoom better. I know a guy who has 4 $1000+ jackson/ESP/ibanez guitars and he uses a Zoom 7.1 into a crate SS. It sounded dead on SOAD/Mudvayne/ anything else he played (mostly metalish). If it didn't sound awesome, wouldn't he sell one or two of his guitars and buy a mesa dual rectifier or something?

No, of course not. He'd do that if he was smart.

SOAD and Mudvayne aren't known for their amazing tone you know.

The MTS series amps are a cool idea. They are however, quite expensive, and I personally think that Egnater did the whole module thing better.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Great amps.
The modules can be changed with an unscrewing of 2 thumb screws, the module removed and the new one put in, the thumb screws screwed up to finger tightness. And then letting the module's tubes warm up.

The modules sound excellent, although I wouldn't suggest listening to the sound clips on the Randall website.
They're not cheap, no. But Very good and Versatile.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
No, of course not. He'd do that if he was smart.

SOAD and Mudvayne aren't known for their amazing tone you know.

The MTS series amps are a cool idea. They are however, quite expensive, and I personally think that Egnater did the whole module thing better.

thats because bruce made the technology
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
thats because bruce made the technology

I'm aware of that. What's your point?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The Randall MTS series sounds very nice. I got lucky, though. A friend of mine decided to sell me his RM50B 50W combo amp with three modules for $800 dollars. I currently have an SL+, a Blackface, and a Tweed. You can swap out the amp modules in a couple of seconds.. just unscrew two hand screws, pull it out, put the other one in, and secure the screws. By the way, the clips on the Randall site are completely unreliable and untrue to the amp's tone.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I'm aware of that. What's your point?

usually the original is better.
especially since egnator is pretty much botique.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer