Well, basically, I want to buy one of those things that sit on the head of the guitar and it shoots out like a flame of sparks when you turn it on. I don't know what they are called, and my description leaves much to be desired but does anyone know where to get one? I tried ebay but I have no idea what they are called or where to search. Help?
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
most rock stars that have that have it done by professional pyrotechnicians, that wouldn't be cheap, and you have a tech to make sure it's running properly at your gigs.

If you wanna be cool, light your guitar on fire and throw it into the audience.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Of course its cliché. That's not the point. Not a sparkler, well kind of but it shoots a stream out. I'd use sparkler bombs but they are kind of unpredictable and would met my guitar. Just repeating, I know it's cliché.

Yeh, I wouldn't want to explode or burn some place down. I'm just exploring the idea, most likely I won't be able to afford it.

a lot of small venues don't allow any pyro at all, which is another thing to consider.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Since your idea has been vetoed it seems, try this:

Put a laser pointer at the end of your guitar. Set up a disco ball somewhere, and have a fog machine going.

When you point the laser at the disco ball, laser beams will go everywhere. The Epoxies did this the first time I saw them, and it was a pretty cool effect that was safe for a very small club.