I was thinking about buying a good mesa boogie amp, i want to play mainly nirvana, but also foo fighters, smashing pumkings and alice in chains
Wich amp would be the best option:
-Mesa Boogie Lonestar
-Mesa Boggie Rect-o-verb
-Fender Twin Reverb or Basman
Since i spending a lot of money a really nedd your help!!!!!!!
I wanna say a Mark IV. They are great for most all styles. God plays Mesas...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
I play a 50 watt solo recto and it's killer! You can get just about any tone you want out of it,from crystal cleans to extreme low-end saturated distoration.I've never met anybody that was disapointed with their Mesa.
Well I know the Foo use Roadkings, so that would be your best bet. So maybe one of them or a Roadster. Mark IV will be your next best bet. If not, check out an F-50. I get great Foo tones out of mine.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Price range would be my first question. Second, how many watts do you want? Without knowing, I can't be of too much help, but see about a Mesa DC series; they're relatively inexpensive and kick major ass.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
Price range would be my first question. Second, how many watts do you want? Without knowing, I can't be of too much help, but see about a Mesa DC series; they're relatively inexpensive and kick major ass.

Price range: 1500$
I don't want to many watts maybe 50 to 100w
i hear those rectoverbs aren't the best. but i just read the reviews over a HC, so i don't know what i'm talking about.
but if you go used i see them around the $1000 range.
Lone star can do just about anything and sounds fantastic.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Yea, the Lonestar's really nice, but it's not exactly an uber-heavy sounding amp.

Also, you interested in a head/cab, or a combo configuration? I still say the DC series (the DC-5 or DC-10), and you can nab the combo versions on ebay for under 1 grand.
The Mark IV is great, and I am in the process of purchasing a rect-o-verb. I don't know where that one guy thought the rect-o-verb wasn't good, but he was mistaken. It sounds fantastic.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
Why Mesa?

Get a Marshall son.
ENGL Fireball
KMD XV100SD
Marshall 1960AV x2
ESP Horizon
Maxon OD808
MXR M-108

My Band
for what you play i would actually recommend the stiletto ace. an amazing amp that encapsulates the signature marshall roar with the mesa attitude. perfect for the bands you listed. if your willing to look outside mesa, the vox ac30 would be a great choice to and you would be way under your $1500 price limit.
Quote by ngff
Price range: 1500$
I don't want to many watts maybe 50 to 100w

Are you just playing at home? 5 watts. Are you playing in a bar? 20 watts. Are you playing in a huge club? 20 watts, 'cause any self-respecting club will have a good PA system for you to plug into.

Just my 2 cents.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Not bumping old threads is a good idea.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.