today i found a 1996 USA strat in mint condition with a mini jb in the bridge and lace sensors in the mid and neck. it also had graphtech saddles. all for the price of $700. so what do you guys say, is it a good deal?
Last edited by cobain42 at Apr 14, 2008,
it would help if we knew what model and had pics?

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by cobain42
i cant post pics, beacuase i dont have any. what model? you mean like a serial number or something?

How long have you been playing guitar?

I mean like the VG? Highway 1, standard? we can't tell you if it is any good. If we don't have information like that we can't tell you anything also What country are you from?

it sound's a bit over priced since Fender Strat's sell for like 700 in the US?

for all we know it could be a cheap Chinese knock off strat

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Last edited by KISSguitarist at Apr 15, 2008,
Quote by KISSguitarist
How long have you been playing guitar?

I mean like the VG? Highway 1, standard? we can't tell you if it is any good. If we don't have information like that we can't tell you anything also What country are you from?

it sound's a bit over priced since Fender Strat's sell for like 700 in the US?

for all we know it could be a cheap Chinese knock off strat

cant you read? i already said its a 96 usa fender strat. im from here in america. vg's are brand new, why would it be one of those? its a standard dude.
oh, and can anyone tell me where i can find a list of discontinued fender finishes? this guitar is supposed to have one.
I'd say thats not bad, a new American Standard is $1000 so you are saying $300. If it really is mint then that price is about right for what I think it should go for. Have you had a chance to play it at all? All Fender finishes should be on their site, check there.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
I'd say thats not bad, a new American Standard is $1000 so you are saying $300. If it really is mint then that price is about right for what I think it should go for. Have you had a chance to play it at all? All Fender finishes should be on their site, check there.

yeah, i played it for quite a while actually. the reason i liked it so much was because the neck had such a great feel. not like most fenders ive played. the pickups sounded great, and the body had no dings scratches chips etc.and about the price, that was my thinking, a new ones around a thousand, and this ones in mint condition with great pickups, so why not? oh and i love the 90's so that just an extra bonus that its a 90's model.
Quote by cobain42
yeah, i played it for quite a while actually. the reason i liked it so much was because the neck had such a great feel. not like most fenders ive played. the pickups sounded great, and the body had no dings scratches chips etc.and about the price, that was my thinking, a new ones around a thousand, and this ones in mint condition with great pickups, so why not? oh and i love the 90's so that just an extra bonus that its a 90's model.

Go for it then man, if its clean then buy it. Like you love the 90's, I love the 80's as you can see from my sig so I know what you mean
thanks man. i cant decide what finish it actually is, it's somewhere between daphne blue and surf pearl.

http://fender.com/resources/colors/

i dont know which one it is... if i knew which was discontinued it'd be a lot easier. im kinda thinkin its surf pearl, because ive never heard of that finish. and i know that daphne blue is on the mustangs but strat wise... i just dont know.
Quote by cobain42
cant you read? i already said its a 96 usa fender strat. im from here in america. vg's are brand new, why would it be one of those? its a standard dude.

MAN im saying that it could be anything it might be a low end USA fender or a high end USA fender...?

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

either way, USA standards right now are 1000 to 1100. im not tryin to be a dick or anything, i was just trying to clear that up.
Last edited by cobain42 at Apr 15, 2008,
Quote by cobain42
thanks man. i cant decide what finish it actually is, it's somewhere between daphne blue and surf pearl.

http://fender.com/resources/colors/

i dont know which one it is... if i knew which was discontinued it'd be a lot easier. im kinda thinkin its surf pearl, because ive never heard of that finish. and i know that daphne blue is on the mustangs but strat wise... i just dont know.

The 04 Daphne Blue is used on 50's Reissue Strats I know that for sure, I haven't seen the 81 Surf Pearl on any guitar that I can think of and if you look at the bridge in that picture the guitar has the American Standard bridge with the old saddles they discontinued this year. So my guess would be from looking at the chart that yours is the Pearl Surf. Pretty cool color, does it have a maple neck? If it does it will have a nice 50's classic Fender vibe to it.
No problem man, But seriously it's not a bad deal.

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by cobain42
nope, rosewood.

Well look at that chart again then, the Surf Pearl color guitar has both a rosewood fingerboard and American Standard bridge. Pretty sure thats your color
thanks man. i started a thread about half an hour ago to try and find out. but looks like i dont need it.