what would make more sense..?

-investing in rack/rack effects for live play

- or using pedals for live play?

pros/cons?

and random question, i have a peavey 6505+ and whenever i put my chorus pedal in the loop i cant control the volume... can someone run me through the order of my chain? i only have a loop machine and a chorus

thanks in advance
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
If your effects loop doesn't have a volume control the level on your pedal should control the volume of the effect.

As for your question I use a bit of both. I have stompboxes for different gain stages and wah, but I also have a small rack with a gmajor in it and a wireless unit. I could probably replicate what the gmajor does with a few well selected pedals but I like being able to switch between combinations of Delays/Mod/EQ with a single foot press.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
^What kinda controller do you use? I'm thinking of going rack but I'm crap when it gets technical. Easy to make presets and stuff?
These go to eleven...
Quote by StriferDiem
If your effects loop doesn't have a volume control the level on your pedal should control the volume of the effect.

As for your question I use a bit of both. I have stompboxes for different gain stages and wah, but I also have a small rack with a gmajor in it and a wireless unit. I could probably replicate what the gmajor does with a few well selected pedals but I like being able to switch between combinations of Delays/Mod/EQ with a single foot press.

thats actually a little of what i was thinking

i was gunna have an EQ pedal with a boss tuner pedal, while having my wireless and a lexicon reverb/ modulator on a rack

and thanks for the loop answer, ile sure to try it out
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by StriferDiem

I agree with him, because I do the same...
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
^What kinda controller do you use? I'm thinking of going rack but I'm crap when it gets technical. Easy to make presets and stuff?

It's very easy to make presets, no harder than a multi-effects board (similar to a POD I would say). I'm using a tech21 midi board to switch presets (I only use about 5-6 live) and it just plugs directly into the unit. I used to run a rack preamp and power amp also and hooking that all together was fairly simple too. Fortunately all the manuals for the products I've used have been very clear.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster