I've been looking for a guitar and I've seen two that I really like. My budget is around 400 dollars. Which one of these should I get or if you have another to recommend let me know. I play metal and death metal mainly.
Ibanez if you plan on always playing death metal. Simply because Ibanez have by far the easiest to play necks and fretboards. My experience with schecter are they have much better cleans, great distorted tones but they're mobility on the fretboard isn't as perfect as it is on an Ibanez.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
have you played either? try em out if you can and see what you like better. but i like schecters better. while ibanez necks are thin, they feel too thin for me...while the schecters have a little meat and substance to hang onto. but thats just me.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
have you played either? try em out if you can and see what you like better. but i like schecters better. while ibanez necks are thin, they feel too thin for me...while the schecters have a little meat and substance to hang onto. but thats just me.

+1 and the necks aren't as bad as they are made out to be

ppl just hop on bandwagons over the internetz

i'd say the schecter it prolly has better quality

and the damien is a sweet guitar i was going to buy one but ended up with enough to get a hellraiser so yeah kinda went that direction
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.