after learning about chord progressions and related things for the past week or so, i'd like to apply what i've learned. I think the best way to do this would be to analyze some relatively simple pieces or songs, so I was curious if you guys had any good ideas
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
not really, classical preferably, but i'd like to try some pretty simple stuff
mk... one that i was looking at earlier was opus 60 study 1 in C major by Carcassi heres a link to a tab if you're unfamiliar with the piece http://classtab.org/mc60_01.txt
how would you go about doing a piece like that? it confuses me =/
Quote by C.C. Deville
mk... one that i was looking at earlier was opus 60 study 1 in C major by Carcassi heres a link to a tab if you're unfamiliar with the piece http://classtab.org/mc60_01.txt
how would you go about doing a piece like that? it confuses me =/

It's easy if you have sheet music, but all you need to do is look at the notes (convert them from tab) and you'll see what chords are being used. This will allow you to see a definite progression.
Try to get it in sheet

Theory is much easier to understand with the notes written properly.
i have it in sheet, but what im saying is see in taht first measure, the notes are C B A G F E D
thats like the whole major scale, so what chord would you form from that ? =/
Quote by C.C. Deville
i have it in sheet, but what im saying is see in taht first measure, the notes are C B A G F E D
thats like the whole major scale, so what chord would you form from that ? =/

Based on the notes and the way that line is written (where it's headed), I'd say it's based in C major.
maybe i should choose a different piece =/ haha
Quote by C.C. Deville
maybe i should choose a different piece =/ haha

See if you can find some music for Carcassi's etude in D minor (I'm not sure what number), that gives you a nice set of classical chords to work with.
A quick look-over gives the first 4 bars as roughly C, then into the dominant, G, for 4, back to C for 2, E (the V/vi) for 2, into the relative minor ...

Please try to get sheet music - that's a poor transcription; the positioning doesn't make sense.
^yeah, i've noticed haha, i was just using the tab for quick reference. I'm having trouble finding sheet music online for that carcassi etude in D minor =/
Quote by C.C. Deville
^yeah, i've noticed haha, i was just using the tab for quick reference. I'm having trouble finding sheet music online for that carcassi etude in D minor =/

Sorry for the delayed response, a burrito exploded on my computer a little while ago. Anyway, it's a caprice and not an etude as I originally said, but try this link to get started:

http://www.8notes.com/carcassi.asp