when i turn the knob on one of the tuners on my acoustic, the post doesn't turn, and its sticking out a few centimeters more than any of the others. Anyone know how to fix this or is it broken beyond repair?
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
can you post a picture? ive fixed what sounds similar but i would need to see a picture to understand fully
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

oops i meant millimeters not cm, i guess thats quite a difference.
well here it is:

wow sorry thats sooo huge.
also the string is very loose on it now, in case you couldn't tell
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
off the top of my head,have you tryed pushing it down? (but not forcefully that it breaks)(support the back of the tuning head) you may/should hear a slotting click(dont push till you get a slotted click,you may not get one.i when i fixed a similar problem).then tighted the screw on the tuning head (were it goes into the headstock) tighted the nut on the top of the head stock were the string is and the black screw on the knob thing itself and re string it.its a little different to what i experienced but it sounds like a tention issue.ill call a few of my guitar buddies.me and them fix up guitars and such.ill be back with any other info i can find.
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

Last edited by red_spider at Apr 15, 2008,