Are Jackson guitars dieing out? Was it only a thing of the 80's? I went to Guitar Center the other day and they only had like 4 Jacksons. Plus the fact that there website catalog has not been updated since 2006!
Enough with these 'Are Jackson Dying?' threads! I'm getting sick of them

No, Jackson is not dying. They're going through a rough patch, sure, but every company gets one and some point or another.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yeah you should have seen fender and gibson during the 80's

Ibanez, kramer, jackson, charvel, etc. was KILLING them
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Teh GIR
Yeah you should have seen fender and gibson during the 80's

Ibanez, kramer, jackson, charvel, etc. was KILLING them

Let's not forget Tokai or any of our lovely pals over in the land of the rising sun.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
There are rumors of new jackson guitars coming out this year. a KV5, SLS USA, SLSDuncan and some others.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Fender does own jackson! Fender is rich! so whats going on with jackson guitars?
once ESP realizes that they cannot sustain this growth and realize how much money they are losing for putting OFR's and emg's on guitars for low prices they will go into a slump and jackson will e back on top
Quote by rrhoads47
seeing as fender owns jackson i dought there going anywhere

Yeah. Because you know, Fender is now making Jackson guitars. Jackson doesn't have the same workers they've had since day 1. There have been good things and bad things that Fender has done to Jackson, but Jackson DEFINITELY isn't dying because of Fender. Hell, they're not even dying at all!

And to TS, maybe you should use the research bar?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791241&highlight=Jackson+Dying%3F
Quote by Vittu0666
Yeah. Because you know, Fender is now making Jackson guitars. Jackson doesn't have the same workers they've had since day 1. There have been good things and bad things that Fender has done to Jackson, but Jackson DEFINITELY isn't dying because of Fender. Hell, they're not even dying at all!

And to TS, maybe you should use the research bar?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791241&highlight=Jackson+Dying%3F

Uh... I think you need to re-analyze that post.

The guy said, 'Seeing as Fender owns Jackson, I doubt they're going anywhere.'

Which means, in layman's terms that, Fender, a company with a plethora of income at their disposal, owns Jackson guitars, ergo, insuring that Jackson will not die out until Fender goes bankrupt or decides that they can't make profit off Jackson guitars anymore.

Hope that clears it up a bit.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by .arkness:.
There are rumors of new jackson guitars coming out this year. a KV5, SLS USA, SLSDuncan and some others.

Rumors? I already bought one, it should arrive the end of this month.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Here's the thing about Jackson.

They make high quality guitars, and they cost a premium.

That's the problem. You gotta think of what a guitar store sees, they see an expensive guitar that isn't overly popular. Thus, most stores have very few, if any.

The main problems are that Jackson never really advertises, and they have no big endorsements. You gotta remember the biggest competition in Jackson's market are Ibanez, ESP, and Schecter. Ibanez advertises the poop out of themselves, they let you know they have the thinnest necks available, and that they have their own trems, plus they have the biggest endorsements, it's hard to have Steve Vai and Joe Satriani play your guitars and not sell a few. ESPs are practically clones of Jacksons, only much cheaper, and they endorse lots of new guitarists, and snag lots of Jackson players whenever possible, so all the kids see them and want them.

However, at the end of the day, all of those things are kinda what makes a Jackson nice. Some people are willing to pay a little premium for the quality of a Jackson. Plus, you don't have to worry about every kid on the block getting the same guitar, and you don't get the negative stigma of lots of cheaper guitars, simply because Jackson doesn't make any.

What I always tell people is that you just need to play a Jackson, you will love it, everyone I know that's played one loves it.

Then, there's always the Jackson neck. The one and only, there is no other neck like it, I have an Ibanez with a Wizard II, it can't hold a candle to my Jackson. Plus, compound radius fretboards are like sex for your fingers.

I don't think Jackson is going anywhere. They are definately selling guitars, and most everyone that buys one guitar from them becomes a repeat customer. Jackson's have a bit of a cult following, and I think they'll all do whatever they can to keep the company going. If nothing else they'll just become like their sister company, Charvel, expensive custom order guitars. I love my Jackson, and it's going to the grave with me.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Yea I agree with AngusX on that Jackson isn't cheap, and stores can only carry so much.

Everyone nowadays is all "ZOMG TEH IBANEZ/ESP/BC RICH/SCHECTER PWNZZZZ!!" as you can see just from reading the posts on this forum. Just make a post for fun and title it "Looking for a New Metal Guitar" and wait for the responses you get Everything moves in circles. Right now those 4 companies are riding fairly high, in ten years time something else will be more popular in that genre of music. As long as Fender didn't buy Jackson to bury the name like Gibson did with Kramer and Epiphone they'll be fine.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
+1 AngusX

I absolutely love mine, and I'd definitely buy another one. On that note, does Jackson make any good 7 strings?
Quote by Avedas
+1 AngusX

I absolutely love mine, and I'd definitely buy another one. On that note, does Jackson make any good 7 strings?

There's the Christian Olde Wolbers 7-string Dinky model. Check my profile for pics.
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Uh... I think you need to re-analyze that post.

The guy said, 'Seeing as Fender owns Jackson, I doubt they're going anywhere.'

Which means, in layman's terms that, Fender, a company with a plethora of income at their disposal, owns Jackson guitars, ergo, insuring that Jackson will not die out until Fender goes bankrupt or decides that they can't make profit off Jackson guitars anymore.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

Lol. Everything before the eyeroll smilie was actually all sarcasm.
Bought my Jackson less than a year ago, it's wonderful. But even if they went totally under (very unlikely) there would still be a ton of used ones you could buy. It doesn't make me scared of any impeding Jackson shortage. LOL

On the other side of the spectrum, seeing as everyone else keeps buying and playing Ibanez and ESP, owning a Jackson today kind of sets you apart from the crowd, making them more desirable.
Jackson is just seeming to die out because they don't make new models. Seriously, its not Fender's fault becuase the Warrior came out in the early 90's (I think) and they made the Rhoads and King V's in the 80's. I don't know when the Kelly came out but they haven't had anything new except Morton's sig which isn't that popular. If they'd make a new model or NEW COLORS, since they don't ever have new color schemes, they'd mkae a little more of a come back, bad wording but you get the point. Also, +1 to Angus X, endorsements are key. If only Jackson had a famous guitar player that died so they could milk his death .

Has no one noticed that Jackson has two S's in the thread title?
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Quote by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
Jackson is just seeming to die out because they don't make new models. Seriously, its not Fender's fault becuase the Warrior came out in the early 90's (I think) and they made the Rhoads and King V's in the 80's. I don't know when the Kelly came out but they haven't had anything new except Morton's sig which isn't that popular. If they'd make a new model or NEW COLORS, since they don't ever have new color schemes, they'd mkae a little more of a come back, bad wording but you get the point. Also, +1 to Angus X, endorsements are key. If only Jackson had a famous guitar player that died so they could milk his death .

Has no one noticed that Jackson has two S's in the thread title?

Do your research, Jackson is coming with 1 completely new model (based on a V), multiple updated models and new colors / finishes.
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
From where I sit, one problem is Jackson's market positioning. Is Jackson an expensive high-quality guitar, or a cheapo entry-level crap guitar? Unfortunately, the answer is yes, it's both. And this means even if you are a Jackson fan, you'd damn well better know your models inside out. I went to my local mom&pop music store and found what I thought was a nice, playable Jackson. The price tag said $1049. Well, seeing as Jackson's MSRPs range from $200 to $4000, was the asking price a good one or a bad one?

So I carefully noted the exact model number and description, and looked it up on the net. Seems that model sells from the online stores for $275! But it MIGHT have sold for $2750, for all I knew. Jackson has a local reputation as being a bottom-feeder guitar in many of the local stores, where only the low-end models are stocked. It's painful to drop $2500 on a Jackson and people wonder when you'll be able to afford a Fender!
jesus titty ****ing christ what is this the 3rd thread. I wish i had never made that first thread. to answer your question, NO!!!!!!
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Jackson isn't dead. What IS dead is it's (formerly) parent company Charvel. Talk about implosion. THOSE were the 80's guitars, moreso than Jackson and Ibanez. Charvel and Kramer nailed the 80's. They both are pretty much shells of their former selves. Charvels are overpriced and cheesy, and Kramer has dedicated itself to making crap. I do think Charvel is about to get a kick in the pants with a new production line though, but as it is, they are pretty much dead, as for a 22 fret bolt on neck guitar with plain jane finishes and cheesy graphics for the most part, $4000 is a joke.
Quote by Ventor
Do your research, Jackson is coming with 1 completely new model (based on a V), multiple updated models and new colors / finishes.

I haven't been able to find much info on them. I've been really looking forward to the new models but this is the first burst of new stuff in a long time, that is what I was talking about.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $