can we please have this idea of genius defined

in the thread concerning dear Adolf people label him genius, when he clearly was not (the only thing that could be said was that he was a visionary)

so can we define genius guys.

in terms of leaders i can only think of Joseph Chamberlain, Jose Marti and Vladimir Lenin who were genuine genius

what other 'genius leaders' are there?

what does everyone think genius means?
George Patton
Teddy Roosevelt
Ben Franklin
FDR
Quote by imgooley
George Patton
Teddy Roosevelt
Ben Franklin
FDR

i would be inclined to agree with Roosevelt

but wasn't Patton the nutter who just bombed the **** out of everything?

and wanted open war with the USSR in the 50's and 60's?
Quote by imthehitcher
i would be inclined to agree with Roosevelt

but wasn't Patton the nutter who just bombed the **** out of everything?

and wanted open war with the USSR in the 50's and 60's?

He was a strategical genius on the battlefield. But he was a gun nut and a trigger happy nazi killer too.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
well my dictionary gives one definition of genius being:

- "a person who strongly influences for good or ill the character, conduct, or destiny of a person, place, or thing"

...are you saying hitler didn't do that?

edit: by the way, that harrison ford clip is great
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
hitler was able to talk an entire collection of people into killing people for problems which the other people (jews) had nothing to do with, and caused WWII....

he was a mother****ing genius.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
A genius to me is someone who redefines intelligence.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by instagata0
hitler was able to talk an entire collection of people into killing people for problems which the other people (jews) had nothing to do with, and caused WWII....

he was a mother****ing genius.

He didn't talk them into it, they were doing it because their country demanded it. You can't honestly tell me you think every person in the German army at the time agreed with his ideals. They knew exactly what would happen if they disagreed, though.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by Witch-king

who is that!?!?! hahahah
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Metal_Hed_23, will you marry me?

Quote by drewfromutah
If she takes her pill properly and you still pill out or use a condom, just quit having sex altogether. The damn pill was built so that you can ride bareback and film your own creampie movies afterwards.
Quote by RageAgnstUrJaw
well my dictionary gives one definition of genius being:

- "a person who strongly influences for good or ill the character, conduct, or destiny of a person, place, or thing"

...are you saying hitler didn't do that?

edit: by the way, that harrison ford clip is great

ok ok upon closer inspection there are 6 definitions of genius

so perhaps Hitler does count

but i always had gone with genius equally great intelligence and ability
Quote by lespaulrocks39
He didn't talk them into it, they were doing it because their country demanded it. You can't honestly tell me you think every person in the German army at the time agreed with his ideals. They knew exactly what would happen if they disagreed, though.

he might have demanded it, but the majority thought that he was right, no doubt. it was at a time when no one in germany had money, so hitler said to them "this is the fault of the jews".
how the hell could anyone believe that?
he found some way to make them believe it.

but even the people who didnt believe it followed his orders for fear of being killed for not following them. either way, he controlled the massive amount of nazis, and that sort of power came from his ability to be smart.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Genius

音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Quote by Metal_Militia15

WIN

I'd say that a true genius would be whoever wrote Fight Club. Damn that was a good movie.

**** yes bro... Chuck pahliniouck(sp?) is a damn good writer
or genius? lol

音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Quote by instagata0
he might have demanded it, but the majority thought that he was right, no doubt. it was at a time when no one in germany had money, so hitler said to them "this is the fault of the jews".
how the hell could anyone believe that?
he found some way to make them believe it.

but even the people who didnt believe it followed his orders for fear of being killed for not following them. either way, he controlled the massive amount of nazis, and that sort of power came from his ability to be smart.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

he never had a majority

many people openly opposed the Nazis;

the edelweiss pirates, the swing movement, unofficial Unions, Sopade, the Red orchestra and students

some people went along with deportation of the jews for ideaological reason, for careerism or simple not knowing
I must say, i am a genius. i have taken a bunch of controlled and uncontrolled IQ tests in my life, and all Ive scored over the genius level. Some by a slim margin, others by a good amount. I am obsessed about "genius". Am I the smartest person, hell no. But i am kinda smart. suck at spelling. heres genius for ya, a ****ing dictionary. stupidest thing in the world. got suspended in school cause i told a techer she was ****ing stupid. as i recall, she told me to look up the spelling of a word, i said well wouldnt one need to know how to spell in order to "look it up", she called me a smart ass, i called her ****ing stupid.

not the best thing to do kids!
Oh well, she was jus jelious as i am a genius and she was not. lol
音乐是生活
Music is Life