This a metal-core song by my band Pardon the Insolence. It is in a very rough stage right now. Having a bit of writers block, I need some advice. How is the song structure? Do I need another clincher riff? Just some musician's advice please.

www.myspace.com/pardontheinsolence
Attachments:
Anno Domini.zip
-Gear-
Mesa Triple Rectifier---Bogner/Line6 SpiderValve---Orange PPC 4x12

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-
Alesis MidiVerb4--BBE SonicMaximizer 442--Ibanez TS9
Boss DD-3--Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
Hey guys, i'm the other guitarist for Pardon the Insolence. I just wanted to let you all know, the song structure, and even the major layout of this entire song has been somewhat dramatically changed. it's still got the same feel to it, as it did before, but when we play it live you can definitely tell there's some major differences.
but alas, my crit of the song.
i'd say an 8/10, even though it's my own material, it's not the best i've come up with.
its good if it hadnt been done a million times before, your main riff is generic as it comes and the other verse riffs. same with prechorus until 48 where it was actually a pretty damn sweet riff, really epic sounding. you just need to try be more inventive like that with the rest of your music. youre even in the same key and scale as pretty much every metalcore song.

chorus is pretty sweet, have more stuff like that aswell, until 80 then its back to genericness.
Quote by ch715dallat
its good if it hadnt been done a million times before, your main riff is generic as it comes and the other verse riffs. same with prechorus until 48 where it was actually a pretty damn sweet riff, really epic sounding. you just need to try be more inventive like that with the rest of your music. youre even in the same key and scale as pretty much every metalcore song.

chorus is pretty sweet, have more stuff like that aswell, until 80 then its back to genericness.

Your right, it has been done so many times before. But its what we enjoy, and still isn't easy to write. Of course its in the same key, metal-core uses this key for a reason, the Drop C tuning.

Still im not here to discuss why we like metal-core, its just what we enjoy. What I do want to know is for a metal-core song, how does it flow?
-Gear-

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
.....did I say that? No, I said that it was the easiest key to work with the tuning I use. So...instead of jumping at my throat calm down and read what I wrote again, Ok? Ok.
-Gear-

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470