Okay, my friend really doesn't like Gandhi.

Me, him, and this other guy like to talk mainly about stupid sh*t in study hall. But we also talk about things like politics, religion, nihilism, and things that lead to nowhere.

So, Gandhi came up, and my friend said he hated Gandhi. The other guy says "Gandhi?", surprised. I asked why. He said; "First of all, he was really racist. Secondly, he was a child molester".

My other friend sort of sarcastically says "Mmhmm...." to show that he thinks he way off on this one. He just replied "Trust me on this one".

So, I personally have never heard any of this stuff about Gandhi. So, I was wondering if you guys have ever heard about this? He believes just about everything he hears from anarchist websites, Zeitgeist, etc. I really don't trust him with 99% of objective facts like these, but I was wondering what you guys think.
I've never heard either of those from any reliable source, although I suppose some of his anti-British speeches could be construed as racist if you tried hard enough.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Didn't Ben Kingsley play a child molester in some movie? Maybe your friend is confusing the actor with a character that he played.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I've heard he was a women abuser and child molester but honestly who isn't these days?

I never heard them from a reliable source, though.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I do know that Gandhi walked barefooted a lot, he was very thin, and his breath was repulsive due to his strange diet, this made him: A super calloused, fragile mystic, hexed by halitosis...

Personally, I have never heard the molester things.

I may be wrong, but didn't he live in South Africa for a while?
Right. And MLK was a black supremacist.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
The man stopped eating in an effort to create peace.

I seriously doubt he went around, beating black people with a whip and anally assaulting little boys.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
A "taxi" driver that took me from Delhi airport to inner Delhi wasn't a fan of Ghandi either.

Probably was a hardcore Hindu. They didn't like Gandhi much as he was trying to promote religious unity, among other things, and they were pretty convinced all other religions were wrong. Some Hindu fundamentalist guy ended up assassinating Gandhi.

But seriously though, unless you're blinded by religion, how can you hate the guy? It's like hating Bob Marley. Or Jesus.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Probably was a hardcore Hindu. They didn't like Gandhi much as he was trying to promote religious unity, among other things, and they were pretty convinced all other religions were wrong. Some Hindu fundamentalist guy ended up assassinating Gandhi.

But seriously though, unless you're blinded by religion, how can you hate the guy? It's like hating Bob Marley. Or Jesus.

I think the driver was a Sikh, actually. May be wrong.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I think the driver was a Sikh, actually. May be wrong.

Yeah pretty much no one likes the Sikhs in India. They're pretty much the country's Republicans.

And I'm pretty sure was a stand up guy. If he did those things, he probably would've told everyone.
Quote by imgooley

Personally, I have never heard the molester things.

I may be wrong, but didn't he live in South Africa for a while?

Yeah. Think he got arrested in South Africa too.
It's gonna be a blue day