I play strats and have hot rails in all of them and have them all professionally put in. I went to guitar center and thought I would see how much EMG's are because everyone says I should try them out. I went there knowing nothing about EMG's and I left buying two EMG HZ's. I go home and read the instrunctions and realize they sold me bass pickups. I go there 4 days later and the manager yells at me in front of everyone and he tells me that they would lose money refunding me money. He finally does it but it's just not right what he did to me.

Do you have any bad Guitar Center stories?
Rig:
'91 Eric Clapton strat w/ MT-2 preamp and piezo bridge system

Lotus '62 Strat replica
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Pearly Gates Pups
Epiphone Sheraton STOCK
Epiphone Tom Delonge ES-333

Epiphone EJ-200CE

Traynor YCV40T
Traynor HEAD
Guitar shop guys can be complete assholes, however if i was surrounded by 13 yr old kids who wanted to try out a prs custom for the lulz i would be pretty aggressive.
actually, i love guitar center... it's like a crazy wacky playground for musicians. although, when i stay in there too long and don't buy anything, the employees do tend to pester me and try to be of assistance, but really they just want me to piss off.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
I play strats and have hot rails in all of them and have them all professionally put in. I went to guitar center and thought I would see how much EMG's are because everyone says I should try them out. I went there knowing nothing about EMG's and I left buying two EMG HZ's. I go home and read the instrunctions and realize they sold me bass pickups. I go there 4 days later and the manager yells at me in front of everyone and he tells me that they would lose money refunding me money. He finally does it but it's just not right what he did to me.

Wow, you must live near a ****ty one...

The one near e is pretty cool. A musician's paradise pretty much. They're having a "buy something get something else free" deal going on this weekend but I don't have any money
I love going to places like that and just having a bit of a play on their guitars, although i dont think they like it when i do it
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
Theres no Guitar Center by me.

I've been crying all my life.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
My GC is great, actually. Sure, there are a few employees that have no idea what they're talking about. But, they're salesmen. What more do you expect?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
My GC is great. They always give me great service and attention. They'll tune up a guitar, they'll get one off the wall, they'll cut me nice deals, have nice conversations, compliment my playing, they'll pick out certain guitars for me based on what I tell them and so much more. It's always a treat to go down to GC.
guitar center is so much better than any of the small shops around where i live. the dudes at the small shops try to swindle you out of your money, and all sorts of stupid ****. i tried to get volume pots for my guitar. they said they were the right ones for my guitar, i got home, put them on, and then my knobs didn't fit. afterwards i went back and said the knobs don't fit, then they tried to sell me tophat style knobs for a schecter that didnt fit in the little recesses. guitar center has always been upfront and honest with me about what i needed.
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
My local music shop is awesome. They just have **** when it comes to guitars.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
this is so weird..all i see r bad stories about guitar center
but ive only had good experiences

EDIT: nvm i guess..most threads ive seen are against GC but everyone else in the thread loves it..nice!
Last edited by zepzepzep86 at Apr 14, 2008,
never had a problem with guitar center except for this one guy named Dean. He's like 50 years old, balding, has a really ****ed up soul patch and wears chuck taylors with flames on them, I assume because they're "Rock and Roll!" Every time I go there he offers me a pick like, "Hey, you want a pick? It's a Fender medium." No thanks Dean, as you can clearly see, I've already got a pick in my hand. Then another time I'm sitting there playing a 12-string strat and he comes up and says, "I'd tune that for ya, but it's got 12 strings and that would take forever," and winks at me. Wow, thanks Dean. That's a real shame since it's already in tune. Honestly, I kind of wish he would die.
Other than that, guitar center has been fine to me. The drum staff is actually helpful.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
never had a problem with guitar center except for this one guy named Dean. He's like 50 years old, balding, has a really ****ed up soul patch and wears chuck taylors with flames on them, I assume because they're "Rock and Roll!" Every time I go there he offers me a pick like, "Hey, you want a pick? It's a Fender medium." No thanks Dean, as you can clearly see, I've already got a pick in my hand. Then another time I'm sitting there playing a 12-string strat and he comes up and says, "I'd tune that for ya, but it's got 12 strings and that would take forever," and winks at me. Wow, thanks Dean. That's a real shame since it's already in tune. Honestly, I kind of wish he would die.
Other than that, guitar center has been fine to me. The drum staff is actually helpful.

To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by bizkitday4eva

Wow, wait. So you buy EMG HZ's.. Apparently not look at the box or the general size of the pickup until you get home? Why did you even by HZ's anyway?
Guitar Center's alright. Just wish they had Japanese stuff like MIJ Fenders and stuff like that.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Quote by civildp1

haha

That was amazing, dude.

But yeah, I like guitar center alright. The only thing that bugs is the noobs playing enter sandman, stairway, smoke on the water, and green day.

ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
How would they lose money? They gained it from you when you bought the pickups.
Sent from my iPad.
I love Guitar Center. I went in there as a total noob and was allowed to try out nice gear, and nobody freaked out or anything.
Quote by piratemetalhead
I live in Canada, so no guitar center for me. TOM LEE!!!.... I wish I had guitar center.

Guys here in our Tom Lee store are extremely nice, although the people in Long and McQuade aren't too helpful.
Quote by civildp1

ahahahaha i have a guy kinda similar to that at my GC but there always have to have the town creep workin there o well but the GC i go to is pretty great the guys talk to me tune the guitars...one of em even set one up for me just to play cuz the strings were to high but the only bad experience iv had is a small asian sales man who is need of some ridalin and is always like HEY THERE! HOW YA DOIN HUH! SO U LOOKIN FOR A CAPO!??
I went to gc for bass strings once(black beauty DR coated 30$)

and two of the strings were broken....

but other than that its been all good times.

except for all the 12 year old kids who only play the one song they know Very loud and Very wrong.
A fetus a day keep the doctor away.

Dib of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim club. PM HolyWars90 to join.

Gear:
Gibson soxex 180, 500t birdge
Boss metal zone pedal
Zakk Wylde cry baby wah
Johnson Millenium 50 watt

My Youtube
I love my local Guitar Center. It's right across the street from a Sam Ash, and both stores guarantee price matching...it's fun to pit them against each other.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by musicianamedave
I love my local Guitar Center. It's right across the street from a Sam Ash, and both stores guarantee price matching...it's fun to pit them against each other.

In Cherry Hill, NJ?

I go there sometimes, It is a great GC, Nice dudes there, The manager Rob has given me some great deals on amps.
firehouse guitars all the way!!! and its closer to me but its still better i love my stores setup and they let u dick around and DONT pester you. im gonna work there someday
Quote by KaneIsRaw13
In Cherry Hill, NJ?

I go there sometimes, It is a great GC, Nice dudes there, The manager Rob has given me some great deals on amps.

I'm from North Carolina, not New Jersey. My local guitar center is in Raleigh.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
my guitar center is pretty good with salesmen (except one asshole)

but all the amps they have are spyder III's and marshall MG's and ONE dual rectifier
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
i took my guitar to GC for a tune up
so i leave it there for a week (the frets were buzzing)
i get it back, and its not fixed.
last week i asked a guy at altos wat i should do, he said i should bring it to them and get it done by real professionals. i lold.