is it just me or are guitar names getting really uncreative i mean you ask someone what type of guitar they have and they go, "oh i have got an Ibanez MX875MDIHG23",i mean wtf why don't they give them cool names anymore like the stratocaster and such? Sorry for the rant but this annoys me, does anyone else think it would be cooler if they all had a name instead of a bunch of letters and numbers? I mean i know all the letters and numbers stand for stuff, but does the consumer really care what they stand for?
There's no such thing as MX875... Why name it something creative when you can sell it just as well when you use serial numers?
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Cool names require creativity, creativity requires time, time that could be spent making an Ibanez RG435803454FMTWFBT.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by SQHero
There's no such thing as MX875... Why name it something creative when you can sell it just as well when you use serial numers?

it was an exaggeration, don't get all offended. And no you can't becuase i personally will never buy a guitar named with serial numbers, i just couldn't do it.
No problem, I'm just saying... Anyways, you are one person. People buy guitar because of its sonic and playability factors, not mainly because it sounds cool.

i dont care what its called
as long as it sounds and plays good
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
I pick a guitar becuase of its playability too, i don;t know if it is that i just don't like the way any serial number guitars sound, or any of the companies that make them. Who knows, i imagine it also has to do with the fact that "metal" guitars that do get names always have such cheesy names
I don't know really what the deal people have against serial numbers. I can easily see the features of an Ibanez without looking at it. I have to memorize specs on "Gibson Reissued Piece of Gold" or "The 1047th Variation of the Same Stratocaster."

i do admit the serial numbers are kinda lame cuz i hate always having people ask me what kind of guitar i play and i say an ibanez and they say oh what model, and im like an RG320FM and they just go , oh which ones that? . . . uhgghhgh its frustrating but at the same time it would be really hard to keep coming up with creative and catchy names for each guitar, so i just say **** it and buy the guitar based on how well it plays and then name them my own nicknames later on.
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
If the time comes necessary that I've bought a guitar with a serial number for a name...hehe it sounds like a Robot. Anyways, if the time comes necessary, I'll name my guitar something and if I'm influential as an artist, then the company will adopt it as the name of the guitar if I get lucky.
well, ibanez is really the only one who does that, but when you break it down in makes sense. lets go with 2 examples. S470DXQM - S series, 470- (ibanez guitars are kinda based on how good they are on a like 100-3000ish scale) DX?? QM- Quilt Maple

RG4EXQM1- RG series, model 4, EX ? QM- quilt maple and the 1 is probably because there are different variations of all that goodness.

oh and if theres a 1 infront of a number its usually prestige. Ex. RG 1570, 1550 ...
DX is Deluxe. It can be one of many extra features such as deluxe sharktooth inlay or sharktooth outline inlay to flashy multi-ply pickguard.

Well I agree but if you noticed, or probably didn't cause you made this thread, that the guitars with names that look like serial numbers are mostly from Japanese companies. Same goes with Japanese bikes, just look at the Kawasaki line or others. Thats the way I see it anyways. Like I said, I agree. I've always thought that Stratocaster was one of the coolest names for a guitar. It doesn't really fit when you think about it, but its engraved in our brains and its a unique name. I also think its dumb having so many numbers and letters in a name. It gets confusing as to which model is which cause they all look the same to someone who doesn't know the line.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst