Poll: Will there be a Woodstock '09?
Poll Options
View poll results: Will there be a Woodstock '09?
Yes!
10 23%
No!
16 36%
Possibly... I need more information.
18 41%
Voters: 44.
Well, lately I've been trying to see if there are any music festivals close to where I live that don't involve mainstream music (as we all know it's mostly junk anyways).

I was visiting my most reliable source, Wikipedia (lulz), looking up Woodstock in hopes it would lead me to a music festival close to me that I could attend.

I scrolled through just skimming the article. I got down to the bottom and saw something magnificent. In the section of "External Links", I saw a beauty of a link that reads:

"Official Site for Woodstock 2009 (under construction)"

So, there is nothing in that website that pertains to a festival of Woodstock one year from now, but there is hope.

So, Pit, my question put forth to you is do you think there is possibly another Woodstock in '09? If so, it'd be incredibly nice to post as much information as possible for this event, as I would be 18 in '09 and would definitely attend.

Thanks!
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
So you don't want mainstream music... but you're looking up woodstock?

...or festivals to begin with?
it will probably fail worse than '99
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I agree. It'll most likely fail, if it is even done.
Quote by DownInAHole.
I stuck my dick in a cactus. True story.

Quote by ZedLeppy
Well, lately I've been trying to see if there are any music festivals close to where I live that don't involve mainstream music (as we all know it's mostly junk anyways).

There has ALWAYS been more "junk" than "good" music (individual tastes to be accounted for).
i heard that it was just something made up by kids on myspace.

besides, after the last one, im not sure that it'd be very good anyway...
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by Carswell98
it will probably fail worse than '99

how could it fail more than riots, fires, rape, and limp bizkit?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Keep in mind, I don't know what music would be there.

I would only hope it would be stuff I like, and nothing emo, punk, rap, or metal.

I have no inkling as to what previous Woodstocks were like, other than '69.
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
Quote by civildp1
how could it fail more than riots, fires, rape, and limp bizkit?

I thought that was win...

woodstock.com looks like a joke. warped '09... well, i'd go to that. summerfest '08 should be excellent, but i'm not able to go.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
The Woodstock remakes have all featured the hip bands of whatever movement had developed during that time
The movement developing in the present is hardcore/emo/post-rock

You be the judge of its success.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

if Hendrix isnt there its not worth going
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Alot of people think that Bonnaroo is going to turn into Woodstock 99 because of alot of focus on more heavier bands this year (metallica, mastadon) and more mainstream (kanye west lupe fiasco) then before

though I believe it's always been a worldly festival, just with greater interest in indie/folk/jam etc
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by TDKshorty
Alot of people think that Bonnaroo is going to turn into Woodstock 99 because of alot of focus on more heavier bands this year (metallica, mastadon) and more mainstream (kanye west lupe fiasco) then before

though I believe it's always been a worldly festival, just with greater interest in indie/folk/jam etc

I like it as a jam festival
well, there is really nothing there to show that its going to happen. so i'll say no. it seems really unlikely after '99, but who knows?

if they do it, i hope it doesnt suck. i doubt id try to go though.