I have a question, what does improvising over chord changes really mean? It means I should pay more attention to which notes of the scale are in that chord, and give them priority while that chord is ringing? When a new chord starts, should I always play in the lead guitar one note that it's in the chord? Should I try to stop on notes for a long time only if they are in the chord that's playing because otherwise they'll sound strange?

Any information you can give me about this topic is greatly appreciated!
some scale tones play better over certain chords, others dont. for example, a 7 is going to sound terrible over a 4 chord because theyre tritones, simple stuff like that. just play and try to listen to what sounds better, what fits
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Experiment and be very observant about what note you're hitting in relation to the chord.

For example, your buddy is playing some chords; one bar of Am, one bar of G, one bar of F, another bar of G, repeating the Am bar, etc.... basically repeating those 4 bars over and over

What note or combination of notes are you playing? Does it sound good over each bar of music? What degree of the scale is it? etc etc

You will start to notice patterns in the music that you enjoy, in regards to what notes they use (what kinds of scales), and what notes they end their licks with (that is an important idea).

Good luck and keep riffing!
Thank you very much!

Wow, it all looks too hard What I was doing was always trying to prioritize in my improvs the notes that are in the chord at that moment, and trying to stop only on those notes, but wasn't paying attention to the degrees of the scale and I'm not sure if what I was doing was actually useful or anything or not