So, I've been playing for over a year....or is it two....? Anywho, I really want to step it up, and practice alot more, but i don't know what to do. I know i won't get much better just copying tabs off the internet, but i don't know what else to do. So, if someone could give me ideas, or material or anything, i would be eternally grateful.
If you can afford lessons, I'd write down a list of things you want to improve, then go to a teacher and get them to help you with those things in a systematic fashion.

If you can't afford lessons, I'd try to find some books or websites that talk about theory and scales and learn/understand those.
What I did was I picked different styles of music and just tried to copy what I heard either by tab or by ear.

2 other things I like doing is to either make up a bass line in my head and then work it out or take a bass line I know and change it to sound as different as possible for example take santanas Primvera and make it sound like a Chili peppers bass line just by changing the way I play it.
Quote by Charlatan_001
If you can afford lessons, I'd write down a list of things you want to improve, then go to a teacher and get them to help you with those things in a systematic fashion.

If you can't afford lessons, I'd try to find some books or websites that talk about theory and scales and learn/understand those.

Lessons are exactly what you need. If you are limited by price, just look for a cheap teacher, many teachers work to beat the prices of their competition. Look at a local high school that offers lessons, they tend to be cheapest.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Alright, I'll start looking. If any of you just have some ideas for me to learn in the mean time (Like scales and such) Let me know.
Learn the 7 modes of the Major scale, and learn the name of each mode (Lydian, Dorian, Ionian, etc.) It will give you a good jumpstart for your lessons.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke